neddamttocs

Backup Method and Frequency

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you backup your files?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How frequently do you backup your files?

• Once a year
    • Once a month
    • Once a week
    • Once an hour
    • What are you talking about, i continually backup my files!
    • Whenever i feel like it
    • (select this one if you said no above)

sooo i dont know if anyone else noticed this. But in the vote, at this point 13 people have voted 9 for backing up 4 against. Not too strange. What is odd is that in the second part of the vote, 5 people chose the last option. :unsure:

i do not back up my stuff anymore. i had my backup drive fail on me before the origina drive, so i feel it is pointless.

This is fail ;)

My backup is set for every Sunday night at like 4am. Probably not necessary once a week, but I have been on the losing end of the philosophy above. :doh:

I chose whenever I feel like it because I've only backed up my computer once or twice.

Still haven't really decided what backup software I want to use on a regular basis because I haven't done many backups. Does anyone know any good freeware backup programs?

I should do backups more often, but as of right now, I have no extra space on my hdd's. I'd have to get a 2tb external to start backing my stuff up

I backup whenever I feel like it, but that generally tends to be pretty often.

Only stuff that is hard to replace gets backed up, so most importantly:

Photos / Video I have taken (irreplaceable if I lose them)

Documents

Adobe Lightroom Library (stores any edits I have made to photos.. original files are untouched)

Any graphic or web work

Music (not as important as the other stuff, but still better to keep it all backed up)

Game Saves

I only do games, so I would backup if I could mirror my drive. To bloody expensive for me.

I do backup my bookmarks folder and pics.

I store all my data I want to keep on a removable hard drive and then unplug it when I don't need to access it so I guess you could call that a back up although technically unless you have data in at least two places your not really backing up your data.

I also try to replace my hard drives once every 2 years to reduce the likelihood a hard drive is going to wear out and fail.

Once a week with windows backup. I'm trying to build a backup server with old p4 system part to back up all the house hold comps on a kinda drop box system, whenever the server is on;ine it syncs with each comp to keep all the photos, vids docs and such backed up while system images go on an external.

SVN @ university ftw guys? let someone else deal with storing my uni work :P

Edited by Alexandre