neddamttocs

Backup Method and Frequency

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you backup your files?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How frequently do you backup your files?

• Once a year
    • Once a month
    • Once a week
    • Once an hour
    • What are you talking about, i continually backup my files!
    • Whenever i feel like it
    • (select this one if you said no above)

This next poll is about backups. More specifically Do you backup your files and if so how frequently do you do this backup?

Sorry about the latness of this poll guys, I will try not to have them this late again.

Once a month to an external HDD.

Really important stuff, if it isn't to big, I email it to myself at work and keep a copy on my work laptop.

Once a month to an external HDD.

Really important stuff, if it isn't to big, I email it to myself at work and keep a copy on my work laptop.

That is exactly what I do.

i do not back up my stuff anymore. i had my backup drive fail on me before the origina drive, so i feel it is pointless.

i do not back up my stuff anymore. i had my backup drive fail on me before the origina drive, so i feel it is pointless.

maybe...

but then when your original drive fails it will be worth it.

I used to have a RAID with parity...

But that didn't last very long. And it's so damn noisy because it's always writing.

There should be an option of "Daily." I have a script that backs up all the files I'd need to rebuild the computer (personal files, the application data folder, and install files) everyday and a Windows backup once a week. Also, some either files I do have continuously updated to some webspace and my laptop, if that machine is online.

I should be doing it once a month but it seems like I am doing it every 3 months currently.

I try to do it at least once a month, some things I back up immediately. Last backup I backed up to a laptop, 2 desktops, one external HDD, and 2 portable HDD's, one of which is stored in another building. :thumbsup: