F@h Team Occ

tazwegion

My stupid money wasting school decides to leave computers on overnight ( and they say they can't understand why they have budget problems ). So i decide to take advantage of that by adding a few comps a week i so far have 8 p4 2.4gh i have 3 more of those to get befor i start going for there 1.9gh celerons. If i can get the whole robotics lab i'll have 20-30 comps lol. If your wondering i do have permission from the robotics teacher i just wonder if he asked permission lol. Well i myself know the admin who runs the all the school's networks in my area so i think it's all good. After adding three more p4's i've been getting 400 points a day so i can't wait untile i add more. Macnn has no chance. :)

Macnn--> :smack:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully my school will let me install it on some Pentium 2's and some Power Mac G3's

BTW, only two of my computers were on in the last 48 hours, but now I have all four of them running, and they are going pretty @%#ing fast

I love having a P4 running at 3.2GHz. It completes about 20 WU every week :D

Yeah, I've got plenty of the schools 2GHz Celerons working for me. What I want to know is why they buy crap and complain about needing new computers after 4 months. And they buy Intel boards, so there's no OCing. There is one good part. The librarians don't know anything about computers (although they try and sound like they do), so if I set something up, they won't know how to get it off

All i do is set it up as a service with firdaemon then i set up the firedaemon executable as a service so it makes it a little challenge to get it off if you don't know what your doing. Also paranoid my 2600 rig in my sig is dead and has been for a few weeks and i just ordered some free kingston value ram that will be here wednesday. And when it starts it's a beast so watch out. plus i have many more comps at my school to add to my mini farm. So it's all good

I can't get any more then 5 running at my house, but maybe i can get another 5 at school if i get permission.

My 2800+ can beat that 2600+ any day. I am going for a 225MHz FSB sometime this week. When i get the second 256MB of HyperX, this thing will be flying :D

I doubt you will get a 2600+ to run at a 250MHz FSB but if you want to try, go right ahead. With 2.8V, my RAM has hit 230MHz, but I am still working on getting the CPU stable at that speed. I might need 2V, but i have to work up the nerve to put the vcore that high. I could probably get to 2.6GHz with 2.1V (237x11), but I would be worried about killing the chip.

Wait until I get a Prescott, and I will overclock it to at leat 3.8GHz.

My 2.6C still has some space for overclocking, so I might go for 3.3GHz this week.

Is that a Thoroughbred or a Barton 2600+?

it's a Thoroughbred. I would overclock the p4's at my school but all the bios are locked and i don't have time to change that. And i had my fsb to 215 but my memory was dieing. So i see 230 as being very possible. I wouldn't try those voltages myself i've heard of cpus dieing in like a month with those voltages. I hated having mine past 1.8

I have my vcore at 1.9V, but the temps are fine and I have seen chips take this voltage and last for over a year. I am not planning on keeping this chip a year, so it doesn't bother me. :D

My board undervolts, so it is really at 1.84V