System re-Build?

fmajor007

Hey gotdamojo! THanks so much for all the links!!!!

Can i DL these to a flash drive and upload them onto the HDD's from there?

Grew up near Cadillac, but have lived most recently in Spring Lake. Currently i'm in Sarajevo, Bosnia.

Question on the SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD's - will my aging Asus mobo be able to utilize the extra speed? Was thinking it is a SATA II board and the SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD's were all SATA III? Ignorance speaking here.....

Edited by fmajor007

I didnt even look, but yeah you need SATA III, thought yours had it but I didnt look... so yeah you will need to stay with the SATA II

yes you can download them to a flash drive and then install off that to your pc when its all put together, you may just want to wait for updated versions of the files if there are once your ready though...

This is probably a stupid question, but i gotta ask it anyway.....

How, exactly, do i go about 1) installing or 2) updating the drivers in these components from a stick device?

thanks!!!

Shameless bump TTP!

This is probably a stupid question, but i gotta ask it anyway.....

How, exactly, do i go about 1) installing or 2) updating the drivers in these components from a stick device?

Thx!!!

Just download all the drivers and stuff that you need from the manufactures website. Win7 should pick up on most of the absolutely required drivers such as Ethernet port to get you online. Then just goto the manufacture's website and download all the stuff you need. If you have a nVidia video card go online to www.nVidia.com or if you have a AMD/ATI goto www.amd.com and get your video card drivers there.

The only thing you really need to get back on track is some HDD's and windows, everything else can be got online.

YAY MICHIGAN PEOPLE WOO WOO!

OK, cool to know the OS will have, at least initially, what i need to get online and everything will run. Then once online, download all the rest from the various manufacturers.

Yea, HDD's and OS enroute. Hopefully in about 10 days i'll have the new components in-hand. Plenty of time to blow out my case and clean the fans!