Wierd monitor/gpu problems

Hey guys,

I am having some rather weird monitor problems,

last weekend i had some weird tinting problems all the red was lost and i had a very green picture odly when i closed firefox it went back to normal and reapeared 15 mins later whilst back in firefox, another close stopped it again and i restarted, it has not happend since i restarted then, until yesterday evening, i woke it up from sleep and i had a heavy green tint a restart fixed it, but the same thing happened this afternoon. So i removed 1 GPU and stressed the remaining one to see if it would display the green again, it didn't with either card. So i stuck them back in SLI, opened furmark and has a weird problem, it opened full screen, blinked back as if i had not hit burn in and then reappeared then blinked black a couple of times then ran stable.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Speed

1st thing I would do is check the cable. I have had cables slowly fail over time.

2nd thing It could think of is a bad monitor.

3rd thing is it a problem with your GPU's ( also check if they are overheating)

From what you are saying it maybe a combination of a few things. :erm:

Well i had my windows open, the cards never hit 70. How would i check the cable?

As for the gpu failing why wouldn't the stress testing i did have forced the problem to show itself?

Thanks

Do you have another SLI bridge and/or a spare DVI cable? Check both of those and see what it does. The DVI cable could be causing the color issues, though not the Furmark problem. That would tie into something with the video cards. Have you updated any drivers lately or installed anything new?

Okay, i am using a dvi to vga converter and my old(7+ years) VGA monitor and cable. I recently did a clean install and just let windows find the drivers should i try downloading the drivers?

If you still have a problem then it is most likely the SLI bridge. I had problem similar to the one you are having about 2 years ago and it was a bad bridge. What I did was take off the bridge and see if it works then. Mine did but it was about 15% slower :(

Depending on how far apart your cards are, I have a spare SLI bridge you could have if it is indeed that. Just its a rigid design so the cards have to be roughly 3 inches apart.

Okay, i am using a dvi to vga converter and my old(7+ years) VGA monitor and cable. I recently did a clean install and just let windows find the drivers should i try downloading the drivers?

You said the issue goes away when you pull one out right. and both the cards work just fine when they are seperated.

BTW: download the Nvidia drivers from Nvidias website and install that way after using driver sweep to remove all the old drivers from the registry.

Look in the items that are not in the Strike through. Those are ones you have already checked.

Monitor

Cable

Video cards

SLI bridge

Drivers

Motherboard

Powersupply

It has got to be the SLI bridge.

If not Check the Mobo and PSU

The Mobo may have a bad PCI-E lane or something wrong with the SLI on the Mobo

The PSU may have a bad power on of the connectors to the GPU

Then also it could be drivers.