mikedosul

Japan quake

That was all over reddit last night, people talking about all the morons posting . like that.

Want to see their profiles?

Go to OpenBook and search for 'pearl harbor'.

Take a few aspirin beforehand though, you WILL leave that site with a headache.

I can't even fathom the thought process that occurs when someone posts things so completely and utterly devoid of intelligence though.

It irks me to know there are people that stupid who are allowed to procreate, operate machinery or let alone use a computer.

-

Yahoo news has a compilation of photos (about 196 of them) of the destruction in Japan:

HERE

This is devastating, even overlooking the loss of life JUST the loss of property alone is absolutely enormous.

Watched about an hour or so of the CNN live feed and the amount of devastation is huge. The videos of the Tsunami are just as riveting as ones we saw with the last major quake. A 22 foot wall of water is not something you will escape. The amount and severity of the aftershocks is just mind boggling with many of them in the 5-6 range. Not to mention the explosion at a Nuclear Power Plant that has released radiation. Its a major catastrophe.

I'm so so so SO angry right now!

http://twitpic.com/48srxx

How can people really be so heartless?!

Are you kidding me?! Wow..

This is why I have no hope in humanity..

What is wrong with these people!?

Man that really gets me.. Im not all that violent but this makes me wanna track em down so I can take a fire hose to their face.

Catch em off guard, storm in and unleash the beast in the middle of their Wii session. *FWAP!*

Just hose it all...

..I have a dream!

Well, we here in Hawaii sustained only property damages, mostly on coastlines where the waves came ashore. On the Big Island of Hawaii, houses got swept to sea and some just got moved a few feet from its foundation and many just wrecked. On Oahu, most of the damages are at the boat harbors, the boats got scrambled a bit and many just sank. Sirens blared out at 8:45 PM Hawaii time on Thursday and every hour after that till morning.

We hosted the Asian yearly festival here this weekend, and the final festivities were canceled in respect to the victims of the disaster.......our Japanese friends and guests who participated at the festival had heavy hearts when we saw them on Friday morning.

Well, we here in Hawaii sustained only property damages, mostly on coastlines where the waves came ashore. On the Big Island of Hawaii, houses got swept to sea and some just got moved a few feet from its foundation and many just wrecked. On Oahu, most of the damages are at the boat harbors, the boats got scrambled a bit and many just sank. Sirens blared out at 8:45 PM Hawaii time on Thursday and every hour after that till morning.

We hosted the Asian yearly festival here this weekend, and the final festivities were canceled in respect to the victims of the disaster.......our Japanese friends and guests who participated at the festival had heavy hearts when we saw them on Friday morning.

Oh no, glad you're ok. Anybody fatally injured??

Fortunately, no one was injured. We had ample warning, no one took any chances. Even those people that resided a mile inland from shore left their homes and went inland. Authorities closed off roadways leading to the coastlines till morning when the all clear was announced.

Fortunately, no one was injured. We had ample warning, no one took any chances. Even those people that resided a mile inland from shore left their homes and went inland. Authorities closed off roadways leading to the coastlines till morning when the all clear was announced.

Did you guys get any property damage??

Us, no. We live a good three miles from the coastline, although we are on a hill side, we can get on top of it in couple of minutes by driving.

Another tsunami warning in Japan, helicopter spotted a 10 ft wave offshore.

EDIT: Warning was removed

Edited by Krazyxazn