Unreal Engine 3 Samaritan Real-Time Demo

ClayMeow

As always, you're better off playing this at full-screen 1080p by going to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgS67BwPfFY

I think the level of detail is astonishing and definitely hope we see this in actual gameplay and not simply cinematics.

As for "Samaritan", as far as I can tell, it's simply a tech demo and not for an actual game, at least not for any game that's been announced.

Reminded me a lot of Blade Runner with with the dystopian future city elements.

The police force also remind me a bit like 'AutoReivs' from the anime Ergo Proxy.

That would make a kickarse game though.

:D

its realtime with 3 580s or so they say.... than again games like RAGE is going to have real-time raytracing which blows my mind.

edit: i guess alot of this is done with realtime shader networks eliminating the need for a multiple models to achieve the character morphing. another thing i noticed lights reflect more than once which is what giving people the cinematic feeling since were all so use to no reelections, pre-rendered (crysis 2) or limited (most modern games).

Edited by hornybluecow

Yeah , I remember I saw this last week when leaked from GDC, looks good but they need to work on bump map smoothing, it still looks like plain DX11 with some nice field of depth. teehee.gif

Edited by MJCRO

its realtime with 3 580s or so they say.... than again games like RAGE is going to have real-time raytracing which blows my mind.

edit: i guess alot of this is done with realtime shader networks eliminating the need for a multiple models to achieve the character morphing. another thing i noticed lights reflect more than once which is what giving people the cinematic feeling since were all so use to no reelections, pre-rendered (crysis 2) or limited (most modern games).

Word 1+