R.I.P My Best Friend...

Onion

It's still mid 30s here at night but that doesn't stop me from riding my Ninja like everyday now :D

l33t what about the evo??

Would you think about a DD and a fast car or it has to be all in one? (which the evo kinda is lol)

Good for you, it's lucky to hit 40 for the high here. I hat you.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was considering the 350z, but they're pretty expensive for what they do. The 135i is in the same price range, and smokes the 350z, and does it with more style. :whistling: Plus, how silly would I look driving a Nissan with my new BMW belt (gift, see the I just bought thread). :lol: I'm not that big a fan of asian cars, I'd take a good German auto over them any day. As someone on a car forum once said, it's like comparing apples to herpes. :biggrin:

I'm lover of smaller displacements with great power per liter and lightweight cars myself. (which not all of my suggestions are btw but japanese wheels seem to have these traits more often)

Nice 350z

Nice Cobalt SS

SRT4 (bet everyone forgot these)

nice G65

MazdaSpeed3

STI

Celica GTS :teehee:

Good for you, it's lucky to hit 40 for the high here. I hat you.

don't hate, appreciate!

our high was 45 yesterday. I don't mind it as long as the low doesn't go under 30 F, bike does....effin carburetors I HATE THEM

don't hate, appreciate!

our high was 45 yesterday. I don't mind it as long as the low doesn't go under 30 F, bike does....effin carburetors I HATE THEM

Been there done that. My old bike ran like crap but if you have got the patience most bikes will start.

I road one hour in 17degree weather. I hurt so much and had some nice hypothermia going on. Did it for love you know, went to see my girl friend and my car broke down.

After that I just can't bring myself to get on a bike when it is around 30 degrees, it's like my mind wont let me.

All they did was add a turbo, a silly spoiler, and some better tires, which are still thin as hell and look like they couldn't grip the broad side of a barn.

Yeah, all they did was increase the power massively, add more downforce, and give it much more grip (which it wasn't a slouch with to start with).

Silly them, ricing it out like that. :glare:

I'm lover of smaller displacements with great power per liter and lightweight cars myself. (which not all of my suggestions are btw but japanese wheels seem to have these traits more often)

Nice 350z

Nice Cobalt SS

SRT4 (bet everyone forgot these)

nice G65

MazdaSpeed3

STI

Celica GTS :teehee:

don't hate, appreciate!

Some of those are pretty nice, but I'll have to think about it long and hard. Thanks for all the help though. :thumbsup: And no, nobody forgot about the infamous srt4. How can someone forget a car that LOSES gears?!

Edit: Lol, I took a look at that cobalt ss, WITH a supercharger, it barely keeps up to the 745i. :whistling:

Edited by l33t p1mp

Err, the 135i is a lot more expensive than the 350z...

What about a 3.0 Z4

or the S2000

The 350z is about 7k less than the 135i, but they perform on a whole different level. For example, the 350z does 0-60 in 5.5, and the 135i does it in 4.7. I'm not ruling out the 350z yet, because I always used to want one when I was younger. As for the S2000, those are cop magnets around here, so I'll steer clear.

The z4 isn't a very good car. I remember seeing a review about it on top gear a while back, and boy did they hate it. I drove it once, and I'll have to agree with them. For example, the transmission is horrendous. There are gaps big enough for a second transmission. :whoa:

Yeah, all they did was increase the power massively, add more downforce, and give it much more grip (which it wasn't a slouch with to start with).

Silly them, ricing it out like that. :glare:

You could say that for any car... I could add a silly picnic table spoiler on the 745i and give it more downforce, add a turbo to give it nearly as much power as the alpina B7 edition of the 745i, and replace the stock rims with 19" alloys and slicks. All I did was increase the power massively, add more downforce, and give it much more grip.

I do understand that it makes the evo BETTER when it comes to that, but it's pretty ricey to look at, you have to admit....

Edited by l33t p1mp

Edit: Lol, I took a look at that cobalt ss, WITH a supercharger, it barely keeps up to the 745i. :whistling:

Till it hits a track. :lol: The 745i is a PIG by comparison, even with the craptastic stock tires on the SS. :cheers:

Do remember the difference between 12 MPG and 30+ MPG as well. :P

Also - a difference of half a second or so 0-60 isn't going to make a monstrous difference - especially with you driving. :teehee: The 350z, IIRC, handles quite a bit better than the 135i.

About the transmission - is the 745i even available in full manual? Have you ever driven a tweaked-out smaller engine car? Also - if you intend to mod the car the stock performance matters very little.

I need to stop reading car threads at work. :lol:

EDIT AGAIN: Is the US model of the 745i still limited to 126 MPH?

Edited by Waco

Till it hits a track. :lol: The 745i is a PIG by comparison, even with the craptastic stock tires on the SS. :cheers:

Well of course, the 745i isn't a race car, it's a luxury sedan with a bit of muscle under the bonnet. :withstupid: It does surprisingly well around the corners though, you'd be surprised.

Do remember the difference between 12 MPG and 30+ MPG as well. :P

Yep, that's what happens with a 4.4L v8 pulling 4500 lbs of car. That's why I want something a bit lighter and smaller.

Also - a difference of half a second or so 0-60 isn't going to make a monstrous difference - especially with you driving. :teehee: The 350z, IIRC, handles quite a bit better than the 135i.

I'll have to compare the two, I have yet to drive them.

About the transmission - is the 745i even available in full manual? Have you ever driven a tweaked-out smaller engine car? Also - if you intend to mod the car the stock performance matters very little.

745i isn't in full manual. Nope, haven't tweaked out any cars, but I do enjoy the roar of a v8. I'd need something decently powerful stock, since I'm not too sure what my parents would think about me adding extra horsepower to a car. According to them, speed kills. I've tried explaining that speed DOESN'T kill, but rather suddenly stopping kills.

I need to stop reading car threads at work. :lol:

Whatever keeps you busy. :thumbsup:

EDIT AGAIN: Is the US model of the 745i still limited to 126 MPH?

Nope, it goes 155. I checked. On a track of course. YES, I did try on a track, I don't drive THAT fast on the highway.

Edited by l33t p1mp

According to them, speed kills. I've tried explaining that speed DOESN'T kill, but rather suddenly stopping kills.

Maybe, but the higher the speed the harder the stop. Ya'll better stop talking luxury muscle cars, im stuck in a Buick century or a Toyota Siena LE.

Maybe, but the higher the speed the harder the stop. Ya'll better stop talking luxury muscle cars, im stuck in a Buick century or a Toyota Siena LE.

I'd take a Sienna over a Town & Country any day. At least yours doesn't have a 1 star safety rating. :rolleyes: