El_Capitan

GTX 590 Price Guess!

58 members have voted

1. 1. How much will the GTX 590 cost (in USD)?

@Bosco - I say it's atleast $50 more than the 6990

@ekiM - ROFL (not referring to the fact that you owned a furby, but that's equally funny too)

@BP - that's believable

A few days ago there was a leak here in sweden from one of the bigger online stores. They listed gtx 590 for 7400 sek, or around 1150 dollars. But it will probably go for a little less in the US.

I think Nvidia is going to win this GPU contest. GTX 590>6990

So far from what I heard

Heat 6990>590 GTX (It looks like it)

Speed 6990<590 GTX (It looks like it)

Noise 6990=590 GTX (we will see)

AMD :cry:

I think Nvidia is going to win this GPU contest. GTX 590>6990

So far from what I heard

Heat 6990>590 GTX (It looks like it)

Speed 6990<590 GTX (It looks like it)

Noise 6990=590 GTX (we will see)

AMD :cry:

amd dont have to beat them...it all depends on price...cant wait for 28nm northern islands later this year :) nearly double reduction 40nm-28nm

Edited by Dan The Gamer

Yeah I forgot the price to

Price 6990>GTX590 (80 percent chance)

Actually, GTX 590 is apparently running at around 600mhz core, which would bring down the performance alot. Also, a GTX 580 can take up to 350w. Sure, 2 GTX 580 are faster than a 6990, but lets say that in real tests GTX 580 in sli takes 600w, thats still way too much. Even if they downclock GTX 590, i doubt it will have much headroom for overclocking, even on water due to the consumption.

Actually, GTX 590 is apparently running at around 600mhz core, which would bring down the performance alot. Also, a GTX 580 can take up to 350w. Sure, 2 GTX 580 are faster than a 6990, but lets say that in real tests GTX 580 in sli takes 600w, thats still way too much. Even if they downclock GTX 590, i doubt it will have much headroom for overclocking, even on water due to the consumption.

Thats to much? Says who?

Are you honestly worried about power consumption when it comes to cards like this? I could care less and anyone that thinks that cards like these are going to be low wattage are living in a fantasy world. :rolleyes:

Atleast according to some tests the GTX 580 can take up to 350w. Thats the absolute maximum, so the average is obviously lower. I dont really care about power consumption either. But when you put two of those GPUs on one PCB, you have to downclock them more than two 6970, which means lower performance and possibly lower overclocking.

in the occ benchmark of crysis the 580 sli never beats the 6990 :)