GTX 590 Price Guess!

58 members have voted

1. 1. How much will the GTX 590 cost (in USD)?

It seems the release date for the GTX 590 is 3/24/2011.

I'm guessing it's going to be around the $1000 - $1099 price range, because I know it's hoping for too much to be around the $700 - $799 price range (or even the $600 - $699 price range - which I would most likely end up buying if so).

For reference, the cheapest two GTX 580's more than a week ago would cost close to $940 after shipping at Newegg ($890 after MIR).

Well it's nvidia so there top of the line GPU will be crazy expensive just like AMD. So I am guessing somewhere around 800 and it will be 10 percent slower then the 6990 but faster in 2 way SLI.

Also the idle temps will be 80C and load temps will be 120C. :biggrin:

1000 euro

@black6464 I hope you know crossfire scaling has improved, in the mobile range its much better than sli!

also those temps remind me of my 7950gx2!

wow the 6990 seems better than having 2 580's cause of the price el_capitan!

Edited by Dan The Gamer

The GTX 590 is double GPU card right. Sorry I thought it was a single never mind the speed that I mentioned earlier.

The GTX 590 is double GPU card right. Sorry I thought it was a single never mind the speed that I mentioned earlier.

hey do you know what tdp the 580 has because if its more than a 6970 then i dont see it beating the 6990 at 375w?

hey do you know what tdp the 580 has because if its more than a 6970 then i dont see it beating the 6990 at 375w?

@ 375 watts the HD 6990 isn't cool or worth the price. You need to enable that overclocking junk to make it be worth its money. So 450 watts.

Also Nvidias cards are colder than the HD6950s/70s so stop saying BS about it being very hot.

FPS don't matter as much as gameplay smoothness, I would take 30FPS constant over 60FPS that keep dropping to 20FPS any day.

Price guess depends on performance, but my guess is at max $900 and at least $649(that is if it blows that much compared to the HD 6990)

• Like 1

@ 375 watts the HD 6990 isn't cool or worth the price. You need to enable that overclocking junk to make it be worth its money. So 450 watts.

Also Nvidias cards are colder than the HD6950s/70s so stop saying BS about it being very hot.

FPS don't matter as much as gameplay smoothness, I would take 30FPS constant over 60FPS that keep dropping to 20FPS any day.

Price guess depends on performance, but my guess is at max $900 and at least $649(that is if it blows that much compared to the HD 6990)

erm where do i say they are hot, by the way the term is cooler not colder :P ...thing is when you aare buying these cards its not so you can run a game smoothly...you can do that with one card...

just what are the temps on a 6990?

*edit* i meant one gpu card....

Edited by Dan The Gamer

erm where do i say they are hot, by the way the term is cooler not colder :P ...thing is when you aare buying these cards its not so you can run a game smoothly...you can do that with one card...

Totally agree :thumbsup:

Really can you run 5760x1200 with a single card, every game maxed out with smooth FPS? I didn't think so.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/03/07/amd_radeon_hd_6990_antilles_video_card_review/8

89C. GTX 580SLI is 1C above that, sorry my mistake.

Also you wanna be a Grammar Nazi? How about you capitalize the words at the beginning of the sentence or words like "I". See what I did there, I thought I was cool for a second.

Edited by Krieg1337

Really can you run 5760x1200 with a single card, every game maxed out with smooth FPS? I didn't think so.

http://www.hardocp.c...o_card_review/8

89C. GTX 580SLI is 1C above that, sorry my mistake.

Also you wanna be a Grammar Nazi? How about you capitalize the words at the beginning of the sentence or words like "I". See what I did there, I thought I was cool for a second.

what am i meant to be looking for in the link.

wtf is your comment with the grammar nazi!? all i said was that its cooler not colder...

im ignoring you now.

http://www.techspot.com/review/373-amd-radeon-6990/page11.html

i seem to have found the temps on page 11, fun fact the 6990 has over double the speed of a 5970 in stalker call of pripyat

http://www.techspot.com/review/373-amd-radeon-6990/page11.html

Edited by Dan The Gamer

what am i meant to be looking for in the link.

wtf is your comment with the grammar nazi!? all i said was that its cooler not colder...

im ignoring you now.

Ok, scroll down and look at temperatures.

Also its frustrating when you use a wrong word once and people jump on it.

Edited by Krieg1337