WhenKittensATK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The free open BETA of HAWKEN may have been out for awhile but no one told me.  :wallbash:  The sign up took me seconds, but the download (around 1.4gb) was about 15 minutes. The in game main menu is pretty basic and simple, like the in game options. I first did the turtorials then I went online. They have a few game modes to choose,  I went with Team Death Match. Finding a game was instant and full. No lag, sweet graphics, nVidia PhysX, and Xbox 360 controller compatible (includes use of Microsoft headset). Plus its all free. You can't beat free. You play matchs and earn credits, to buy or upgrade mechs. I have no doubt that HAWKEN will be my FPS for awhile. For those who like to rock with friends feel free to MSG me in HAWKEN my handle is ThInK187.

If anyone wants to join go to http://www.playhawken.com/

From my understanding HAWKEN will continue to be free even after the BETA.

Edited by ThInK192

Hawken is free-to-play and the open beta status basically means it's officially launched. December 12, 2012 was the launch date for it. I've barely had time for it. :lol:

Hawken is free-to-play and the open beta status basically means it's officially launched. December 12, 2012 was the launch date for it. I've barely had time for it. :lol:

its not as fun as it sounds tho...

its not as fun as it sounds tho...

That is purely your opinion - and from what I gather, it is because you don't like the HUD and view shake.

The game is a ton of fun, and doesn't play anything like a vanilla shooter. I haven't reinstalled it on my new system so haven't played for a while, but in closed BETA I had a lot of fun with it.

It needs a bit more balancing and game types, but its definitely a good start.