Which temps to trust

hi all, as the title implies, i am wondering what are the cpu temps to trust. when under prime95 realtemp says 60ish degrees while RC Tweakit (remote oc/monitoring program for ROG mobos) says about 45 degrees (Celsius)

which should i trust? and also, anyone know of a temp monitoring program that does just about everything (cpu, ram, mobo, ioh, ich, hdd, gpu(s), and the temp probes that you can plug into ROG boards)? thanks

hi all, as the title implies, i am wondering what are the cpu temps to trust. when under prime95 realtemp says 60ish degrees while RC Tweakit (remote oc/monitoring program for ROG mobos) says about 45 degrees (Celsius)

which should i trust? and also, anyone know of a temp monitoring program that does just about everything (cpu, ram, mobo, ioh, ich, hdd, gpu(s), and the temp probes that you can plug into ROG boards)? thanks

Hi mate

I would trust RealTemp more than any mobo monitoring program. I am assuming you have an intel CPU?

HWMonitor does a good job in monitoring some of temperatures you want but I haven't used it that much so I don't know 100%

I have used real temp before. Found my way back to core temp.

To board temps that are given by asus rctweak and pc probe are always about ten c or so low. Use hardware monitor for board monitoring and real or core temp to check the cpu. For the best results.

I have used real temp before. Found my way back to core temp.

To board temps that are given by asus rctweak and pc probe are always about ten c or so low. Use hardware monitor for board monitoring and real or core temp to check the cpu. For the best results.

Hey boinker I wonder why they are generally 10 degrees lower? Do these programs use a different sensor? It would be downright horrible if someone where to overclock and check with those readings and think it is alright when their chip could be frying @ a temperature 10C higher.