Gr4vitas' offical Haf x - 2500k build thread. vids + pics

Gr4vitas

Slide show of build:

http://img806.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dscn0256.jpg

Direct link to build images:

http://img806.imageshack.us/g/dscn0256.jpg/

Uploading video's will take some time.

Edit: there are a lot of multiples as I was trying to get clear pictures, I haven't had time to delete the ones I don't want. Also I haven't corrected and of the rotated ones.

Edited by Gr4vitas

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my thread didn't get much attention, but oh well, I had a lot of fun building it :P I'll upload the final videos tomorrow morning. Possibly post some thumbnails of the build process. Its cool playing crysis maxed out with 8x AA :thumbsup:

I'll be rendering and posting it tonight, I already have it recorded I've just been super busy with stuff. I still have a final final video to record too tonight.

Edited by Gr4vitas

I've got a quick question for anyone, the 6970 has a little switch on the side, now I've read that that is simply a secondary bios in case a bios flash fails you can boot on the second bios then switch back to the main bios to try flashing again. However I thought I remembered seeing in a youtube review a guy talking about the switch as doing more than just being a bios switch, like something to do with overclocking. However now I'm trying to look up information on it and can't really find much, anyone have a confirmed identification / use of this switch?

Word thanks Drewr, I haven't even had time to dabble with OC'ing my 6970 yet but when I get home I'll verify that its set to 1 and then I'll try some OCing.

You wouldn't happen to know if the system needs to be off to flip the switch? Or can I just flip it and reboot and it'll just load the secondary bios?

I wouldn't touch it unless the system is off.

That said - HOLY CRAP that motherboard is sexy. If I was building a 1155 machine I don't think I'd even look at another board before buying! :cheers:

I wouldn't touch it unless the system is off.

That said - HOLY CRAP that motherboard is sexy. If I was building a 1155 machine I don't think I'd even look at another board before buying! :cheers:

:thumbsup: thanks, I can't wait to really finish the build with all the lighting etc, I think it's going to look pretty good.