Rage

bp9801

So is this game worth the $60? I was thinking about trying it but after taking a look around, it doesn't seem to be getting the praise I expected it to get after all the hype, in fact I'm seeing more dislike for it than anything.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really liking it so far, though I can't seem to play any shooter for anything but an hour or so at a time. You can complete the entire game in around 15-20 hours, but there are a lot of collectibles to get and places to explore. There are several hidden Easter eggs in the game too, plus you can play various games to win some cash to spend on more ammo or engineering items.

Graphically, I haven't had an issue since the last patch. There is another patch coming soon to add a few more graphic options, but really, it looks great already.

I'm really liking it so far, though I can't seem to play any shooter for anything but an hour or so at a time. You can complete the entire game in around 15-20 hours, but there are a lot of collectibles to get and places to explore. There are several hidden Easter eggs in the game too, plus you can play various games to win some cash to spend on more ammo or engineering items.

Graphically, I haven't had an issue since the last patch. There is another patch coming soon to add a few more graphic options, but really, it looks great already.

:withstupid:

I think the graphics are great (character models are highly detailed, environments are nice, and animations are outstanding).

The default FoV caused dizziness, but after modifying it to a truer widescreen FoV (easy to do), I haven't gotten dizzy once.

The vehicle physics are extremely arcadey, but that actually fits extremely well (especially with the bonus "vehicle jumps" that are there to obtain).

There are several mini-games, from three different types of races (time trial, non-combat races, combat races), a (very robust) collectible card game, and rather silly dice and "finger roulette" games.

The shooting (arguably the most important part of any shooter) feels good and the enemies rely on different tactics, like bandits who use cover or mutants who jump all crazy like.

There are plenty of killing options, so you can find what suits your style - lots of weapons and engineering items, and ammo is never an issue because you can always buy some (if you can't find enough) for every gun you find, which IMO is a nice thing since it doesn't restrict you from using your favorite gun(s).

I definitely don't regret the $60 purchase one bit. My only regret is that I haven't had the time to beat it yet.

Loving the game so far but cannot manage to massage out any of my graphical errors this even with modifying the config file, setting steam settings up and forcing v-sync on to try and fix things. Also running a clean install of latest beta drivers which were supposed to fix issues.

I get screen tearing that is almost unplayable and it isn't utilising either of my gpu fully in fact the second 560 isn't been used at all. Sli works in every game but this and my fps never moves from 60, due to forced on v-sync, texture pop drives me nuts and I know not what to do now...

I still have tearing but not as bad as before the patch. I get a little texture pop in but not as dizzying as before. It was unplayable upon release. Only other beef is it shouldn't take 20 shots from machine guns to kill bad guys especially with no armor.

I still have tearing but not as bad as before the patch. I get a little texture pop in but not as dizzying as before. It was unplayable upon release. Only other beef is it shouldn't take 20 shots from machine guns to kill bad guys especially with no armor.

No it shouldn't take 20, remind me not to use it, I haven't used it yet. I have too much fun with my fists just running in and beating down or sitting back for headshots with the pistol when there are too many.

For muties, shotgun is king.

Double barrel shotty :biggrin:

Finally fixed my issues with the exception of me hating the game for not using sli.

Anyway after more modding to config file I am now running with no screen tearing little to no texture pop and fps of solid unmoving 60 haven't bothered to remove forced v-sync because for now it is working.

Forced 8k textures looking very good now that i can see things i understand the detail that has gone into it and it is quite nice.

Double barrel shotty :biggrin:

Not worth it against regular muties, as one headshot with the regular shottie is enough to kill, so you're just wasting an extra slug with the double-shottie. Definitely good for mini-bosses and such though.

Not worth it against regular muties, as one headshot with the regular shottie is enough to kill, so you're just wasting an extra slug with the double-shottie. Definitely good for mini-bosses and such though.

To be honest I still rush muties with my fists of rage. Glad I spent the extra $2 for anarchy edition also got the steam code for the first dlc to.

I agree double barrel is great for mini bosses helped me greatly when I first met the bandit boss and his damn mini-gun.

After some more paying I have found that I have found driving more enjoyable than I first thought I would. All in all despite having to really work for the graphics the game is great.