bp9801

Rage

Case of the dizzy spells are gone thanks to the FoV fix.

Liking the game so far. This game gets good frames even while recording with Fraps at 60 FPS, kudos to id Tech 5 engine.

Been looking for some Intel Quick Sync enabled editors, but not a great selection to choose from so far. This one was just a pure transcoder (nothing happens after 12 seconds in). I sure wish that monocle could be equip and unequipable without selling it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbSGp6-V8Pg

Edited by Krazyxazn

Glad the FOV fix worked for you too :)

As for the monocle, why would you want to unequip it? It's freaking awesome.

As for the monocle, why would you want to unequip it? It's freaking awesome.

I use a pistol a lot and its uncomfortable to shoot zoomed in when enemies are 1-3 ft from you. I'm a sucker for ironsights no matter the range :(

Which is why I fail at CoD, because you're not suppose to use your sights at close range.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Why are you trying to zoom in when they are that close to you? Nvm, you answered it. :lol:

When enemies are that close, you don't need to look down the sights. Just point at them and fire. Can't really miss.

Why are you trying to zoom in when they are that close to you? Nvm, you answered it. :lol:

When enemies are that close, you don't need to look down the sights. Just point at them and fire. Can't really miss.

I'm a straight up ADS person. I don't like hip firing, unless there is no option to ADS built in-game. Played a lot of RO and AA in the early FPS days. If you weren't using sights you were a dead man.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I must admit that I sometimes fall into that trap, especially against fast enemies that charge (like muties), and they get too close and I lose focus on them because I had been zoomed in. I use the assault rifle mostly now.

Though now that I got the Authority MG yesterday, I'll probably be using that since the zoom makes it a nice mid-range gun.

I typically default to the sniper rifle and shotgun. I'll use the crossbow for silent kills, but typically I switch between the sniper and shotgun. Pistol and the monocle for when I run low on sniper rounds. :P

I've managed to max out my steel AR rounds without even buying any from a vendor. I've used the rifle some, but not a lot. Sniper and shotgun for everything basically. :lol:

I'm a straight up ADS person. I don't like hip firing, unless there is no option to ADS built in-game. Played a lot of RO and AA in the early FPS days. If you weren't using sights you were a dead man.

You played Crysis 2 right? Too bad its fudged up cause it had modules that let you ADS faster...

I use a pistol a lot and its uncomfortable to shoot zoomed in when enemies are 1-3 ft from you. I'm a sucker for ironsights no matter the range :(

Which is why I fail at CoD, because you're not suppose to use your sights at close range.

1-3ft??? how are you in that scenario often enough to make/break you?

I am the same way but I found a trick I use a LOT that may help ya out. :) When really close and you turn the corner and bump into someone - hip fire. If my muscle memory kicks in and I ADS, let it go ...it is almost like a quickscope for SMGs as well as ARs. Also if you are on a map where most of your encounters are stupid close, use the Sleight of Hand perk - Pro will let you ADS pretty darn fast.

Sorry to derail thread, watching this thread because I am thinking of getting Rage though since I haven't even finished Gears3 yet I am waiting. :P

I used only the sniper rifle from the moment I got it until the end (except for the hospital boss) I'm such a sucker for sniper rifles, and honestly it's the best weapon in the game in my opinion, well except for the overpowered pulse cannon that you get at the end.

Anyway, the game felt really short for me, even after doing every sidequest/racing. I don't really feel any need for playing the game again either. It's a fun experience that one time. I guess you can't expect more from a fps. I just hoped there would be maybe something more special about this game with all the hype around it for so long.

I used only the sniper rifle from the moment I got it until the end (except for the hospital boss) I'm such a sucker for sniper rifles, and honestly it's the best weapon in the game in my opinion, well except for the overpowered pulse cannon that you get at the end.

Anyway, the game felt really short for me, even after doing every sidequest/racing. I don't really feel any need for playing the game again either. It's a fun experience that one time. I guess you can't expect more from a fps. I just hoped there would be maybe something more special about this game with all the hype around it for so long.

How many hours was the game? Sidequests and all.