bp9801

Rage

IGN has a new article up looking at some of the weapons in id Software's upcoming game, Rage. Ability to gather components and assemble new weapons, four different ammo types, various upgrades for weapons like extended magazines, and something called a wingstick which sounds like a violent (but fun) boomerang. Plus a new gameplay video that looks so sweet.

September cannot get here fast enough.

I've been waiting like 4 Whole Freaking years for this damned thing to come out! >.> I mean i was in collage when i was watching the First Trailer for the game :wallbash:

Eh well, at least we shan't have long to wait now, VERY interested to see how the Legacy of the ID Tech engine will carry on with its latest iteration in this game (Id Tech5).

You act like 4 years is a long time, iD Software isn't Activision they don't milk every product they get their hands on and release new products every year. I think Quake 4 was the last game iD Software helped make and that was in 2005.

Or you could be waiting about 13 years for Duke Nukem Forever.

It's still better than Prey's development. Game was announced in 1995 and didn't see a release until 2006.

What id and Blizzard do is work on a game for a long time before finally releasing it. Sure, we may wait a few years or more for it, but the wait will be so worth it because the game will be polished to a high degree and we'll be entrenched in it for a long time. Bethesda is the same way though their games usually have some glaring bugs. :lol: But still, all three companies take their time to release a game and odds are, you'll be playing it up until the next game in the series is released.

As for Rage, I've been looking forward to it for ages and cannot wait to get my hands on it. I just hope that semester will be quite light for me so I can fully enjoy the game.

Yes, I agree, and know that there are much worse Wait's i've had, but it just seemed like the game was to come out much earlier *shrugs* .. ah well now the wait for Prey 2 and Colonial marines continues -_-

As much as I like the perks for pre-orders, I find that if I miss the pre-order, I won't buy it because I don't get the cool stuff you get with the pre-order. Why pay for missing features?

It's a free upgrade for the extra stuff if you pre-order, but yeah, it is kind of rigged. What gets me more than that are retailer specific pre-order bonuses. Get it at GameStop for this item, Amazon for a different item, Steam for yet another item. Why can't it all be the same wherever I get it?

Some games end up giving away preorder items in the GOTY edition or later on for free.

I honestly don't see the issue here. Not purchasing after it releases because it doesn't have preorder items is kind of silly.

There are ways to get your preorder items / DLC without all the nonsense. Self titled "DLC I activate you!" So don't miss out on a game because of the idea of preorder items.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Some games end up giving away preorder items in the GOTY edition or later on for free.

I honestly don't see the issue here. Not purchasing after it releases because it doesn't have preorder items is kind of silly.

There are ways to get your preorder items / DLC without all the nonsense. Self titled "DLC I activate you!" So don't miss out on a game because of the idea of preorder items.

Exactly. There are always ways around pre-order bonuses. Sometimes it is released later on (albeit usually for a price) or there is the option Krazy points out here.

Cap, don't miss out on Rage just because you don't pre-order it in time. It is projected to be an amazing game so pick it up whenever you can.