Rage

bp9801

If I get it for the PC I want to max out the settings... I was thinking about upgrading this machine, but I don't have a ton of extra money at the moment. Maybe if I max out the memory, I think its cheap enough for this system now and days...

My computer lags a bit with starcraft II even trying to keep up at the highest settings... So idk... shurg...

OC'd your 260??

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC'd your 260??

I bought the pre-oced version from EVGA, EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16.

This card should hold me out for awhile yet, the issue is that my board is only PCI Express 1.0. So its limiting me some... My other hardware is falling behind the times too, I think I am just going to upgrade, as there are games that I do want to play on the PC coming out this year.

Trade in your millionXmillion res monitors for something lower and you guys can game at pretty high end settings with a mid range/high end now card.

I'm not spoiled like some of you guys because I have a shitty monitor and mid range card, so I don't miss a lot of the high detail like some of you do.

Trade in your millionXmillion res monitors for something lower and you guys can game at pretty high end settings with a mid range/high end now card.

I'm not spoiled like some of you guys because I have a crappy monitor and mid range card, so I don't miss a lot of the high detail like some of you do.

haha, I currently have a pretty crappy Samsung monitor. I am looking to get some nicer ones too :P, and I am not spoiled lol. I am a poor college kid, I gotta work for these things good sir!

If I get it for the PC I want to max out the settings...

Although it's obviously always my goal to max out settings if I can, the theory that being able to is the only reason to by a PC version is a bit absurd. You don't have to max out settings to meet or even beat console graphics, so the latter should be your "minimum" for picking a PC version over a console version. If you can best the quality of a console game, then that should be good enough (especially in an FPS where PC controls are far superior).

BTW, what resolution are you running? I maxed out SC2 when I had my 260 at 1680x1050 and had no stutter even under insane circumstances (like Vexal TD). My Q6600 is OC'd to 3GHz (nothing major)...my 260 was OC'd slightly I believe, but I don't recall what my numbers were. I think I had SC2 maxed before I ever attempted OC'ing my 260 though.

BTW, what resolution are you running? I maxed out SC2 when I had my 260 at 1680x1050 and had no stutter even under insane circumstances (like Vexal TD). My Q6600 is OC'd to 3GHz (nothing major)...my 260 was OC'd slightly I believe, but I don't recall what my numbers were. I think I had SC2 maxed before I ever attempted OC'ing my 260 though.

:withstupid:

Same - my old machine plays SC2 just fine with Ultra settings ...and yes, that is playing multiplayer as well.

E8400

GTX 260/216 (slight OC)

4GB

Windows XP (sp3)

In fact SC2 is the smoothest running game I've ever played and the only one I can play @ max settings.

Far as Rage goes - I want to play it, but so many good games coming out I am not sure I should stock up on a bunch of awesome games and then not play them because I'm too confused :wacko: lol ...translation = a good steam deal will fix this