Rage

bp9801

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

On a somewhat-related note, because the RAGE Facebook page achieved 100k likes, Rage/Rage HD is now FREE on the iTunes App Store for one week:

Free download only available from 10 AM eastern time on August 17, 2011 to 9:59 AM EST on August 24th, 2011.

Rage is ~540MB.

Rage HD is ~750MB.

I'm downloading the latter right now on my iPad.

Yay, proprietary promotions :cheers: , :glare:

eh?

...anywho, I played Rage on my iPhone and the graphics are quite good. It's an on-rails shooter (at least the first level I played), and I used tilt controls to aim, but there are several other control options I haven't tried out yet. I haven't tried Rage HD on my iPad yet because the installation failed (I don't have much free space on it), so I'll have to wait to download it thru iTunes on my laptop, which I don't feel like hooking up right now.

• 3 weeks later...

So I was thinking about pre-ordering this game, I kinda want to get it for PC, but I don't think my computer will handle the best graphics. I have a 360, and a PS3 too I am just unsure what version to buy!

It being a shooter, I'd definitely lean toward PC. 260 is a decent card....I used it up until about a month ago. I haven't looked to see what the min/recommended specs are.

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or Equivalent AMD

Memory: 4GB

Hard Disk Space: 25GB

Video Card: GeForce 9800 GTX, Radeon HD 5550

You'll be just fine. id is designing this game to run on a variety of systems, so even a system a few years old will do just fine.

You'll be just fine. id is designing this game to run on a variety of systems, so even a system a few years old will do just fine.

If I get it for the PC I want to max out the settings... I was thinking about upgrading this machine, but I don't have a ton of extra money at the moment. Maybe if I max out the memory, I think its cheap enough for this system now and days...

My computer lags a bit with starcraft II even trying to keep up at the highest settings... So idk... shurg...

I see no reason to not run 8GB of RAM, especially with a 64 bit OS.

As for Rage, John Carmack has even said that the 360 version of Rage won't be as good graphically compared to the PS3 or PC versions. Due to the DVD nature of the 360 and the royalty fees, the game will only be on two discs instead of three, meaning some heavy-duty compression will be in force just to get the game on those two discs. The PS3 version will be on a single Blu-ray disc, so no compression, while the PC version can install a ton of textures on the hard drive to pull from whenever you enter a new area.