speculation regarding next gen consoles

UT66

C'mon, I have more self-respect than to be jealous of what can be summarised as "tard posting" :lol:

Exactly, this guy has way too much self-respect, so much so that he wouldn't be caught dead posting posts that had nothing to do with the original topic at all... :whistling:

Jeez you guys need a chill pill. Why can everyone just get along? pfft..

hmmm... nope. :no:

It's a troll thread about consoles, what were you expecting? Also, it's not like this thread is really that much of a failure, I think if some of the more intelligent members here wanted to chip in then this thread could be interesting. However most would rather sit on the sidelines and call it "tard posting", as if that were a better contribution than anything the troll said.

Sometimes it's just fun to talk and horsepoop(Edit: Didn't think this would make it through the filter) each other, not everything we talk about has to be super serious smart, it's not like our opinions affect anything we talk about anyway. :lol:

Edited by Deathmineral

Sure hope they give the next gen consoles a whole lot more memory for developers to work with. No more low res/quality textures, and small levels, please. Unfortunately, the same low quality assets end up being also used also in the PC version.

Exactly, this guy has way too much self-respect, so much so that he wouldn't be caught dead posting posts that had nothing to do with the original topic at all... :whistling:

Well I had a fair bit to offer this thread originally, as you may have surmised from my tentative first post.

Sony will make adopting BluRay economically not viable for MS and Nintendo. They own the format and are best prepared for games that are rapidly growing in size and will command a huge premium to let their competition benefit from it too.

You'll not see anything until around 2013/2014 in reality.

However, it quickly descended from there. Not sure if your comment was aimed at me (it seems so), but not arsed regardless - I don't exactly have a fan-club to worry about.

If you don't value my opinions, add me to your block list :) problem solved. It's not my fault your opinions are often ridiculed by so many.

Regarding the hardware of consoles, the specs don't matter much. For example the PS2 had a 300mhz single core 64bit processor, with 32MB ram, and 4MB ram on the video card. The 360 has 512MB ram, and PS3 has 256. Relating that to pc is just stupid since a console could just barely start win 7, let alone any games. My tip to consoles is to stay away from pc hardware, and do what they have always done before which is: Find their own way, like the Wii. Performance wise consoles will always be behind PCs, but they can still have a great experience and graphics since they have the same specifications, and coders adapt under limitations.

Thats my opinion, and i don't yet see a need for a new generation. Since they are not really maxxed out yet (at least the ps3), not until next year will anything be released.

Thats my opinion, and i don't yet see a need for a new generation. Since they are not really maxxed out yet (at least the ps3), not until next year will anything be released.

Indeed. Look at PS3/360 launch titles compared to new releases - developers are still finding new ways to optimise and improve games with the same hardware. I remember reading that an MS spokesperson estimated no new generation releases until around 2014 at the earliest, meaning this generation will be impressively long-lived.

People seem to be taking gaming a bit too seriously. It's quite simply "just a game" - not a díck-waving contest.

Anyone think Sony or Microsoft will try to come up with a new controller? Or change anything on the current ones at least?

Microsoft already managed to screw up the one thing they did well with the current controllers. :lol:

I think it's quite possible that next gen console systems may end up being something like Onlive or a cross between cloud gaming and regular gaming considering it seems like all businesses what to start cloud based services.

Microsoft already managed to screw up the one thing they did well with the current controllers. :lol:

:blink: The 360 controllers are amazing! I use them for racing games like GRID since I don't have/can't afford a wheel and pedals. Not that I ever play my 360, it has been sitting underneath my bed collecting dust for a few years now.

EDIT:What I mean is that I use the 360 controller for some of my PC gaming.

Edited by nitem4re