411407654_o.jpg

Specifications:

Colour of bulbs: red

Number of bulbs: 24

Strip length: 24cm [9.5”]

Strip width: 1cm [0.4”]

Wire length: 147cm [58”]

For use with 12V vehicles only

On the other item...i found the current should be 500mA...not sure if its the same on the one i have...

It does not mention the watts, current, or ohm resistor i should use

What kinda of resistor should be fine with this?

I hope you guys can explain the math to me

then next time i can do it myself...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jk336699

Volts times Amps equals watts.

As long as the volts are the same and the amps are the same or greater you should be fine.

Also if you can't get it to work check out these ebay

Is the appropriate resistor not built in?

i actually dont know...

i asked the seller but the seller wont say anything

Doesnt look like there is one though...

Edited by jk336699

I'm resonably confident the resistors will be built in and you possibly won't see them anyway they could even be built into the LED's. You can't expect people to buy these and then start trying to work out what size and wattage resistor is required? If they did need one then surely they'd come with the kit because they are 12V only it would be the same resistor? I pressume you have two wires, one marked positive (red, +12V, etc) and one marked negative (black, 0V, etc), just connect them to a 12V battery/psu +12V rail and they should work.

I'm resonably confident the resistors will be built in and you possibly won't see them anyway they could even be built into the LED's. You can't expect people to buy these and then start trying to work out what size and wattage resistor is required? If they did need one then surely they'd come with the kit because they are 12V only it would be the same resistor? I pressume you have two wires, one marked positive (red, +12V, etc) and one marked negative (black, 0V, etc), just connect them to a 12V battery/psu +12V rail and they should work.

thanks for your info.

but i dont think they have build-in resistors cuz it is a 1 buck cheapo strip...

Do you think it would be a good idea if i plug it into a fan controler and test it?

hm... hope it doesnt burn my fan controller...

It must have built in resistors! Test it on a 12V car battery. If it blows it blows and you'll have to buy another! :lol:

You serious?! well...its just a buck anyway

It's fun to blow things up sometimes..lol

Edited by jk336699

Yeah I'm serious. I don't think there will be a problem but if you're not confident rather than damage a fan controller or a power supply you may as well try it on a car battery because you won't hurt that but wear goggles just in case! :lol:;)

The math is my 850 watt psu has a 71 A capacity and .5 A is required for the led; Therefore, that looks to be a tiny amount. The similar product used 500 mA which is .5 A which is peanuts in the pc. There would be no problem installing the lights on the psu.

What resistor do you need? NONE.

Too bad the wire is not red for positive and black for negative, but the wire with a stripe is always positive. The positive wire is always marked.

The ideal computer installation would require a connector. Purchase the molex connector for the psu, and crimp the wire to the pins and insert into the connector. Next simply plug into the psu.

To determine where the positive and negative pins should be in the connector match them to the RED 12v positive and BLACK negative of the connector with which they are connected to on the psu.

Sorry about the error, it is YELLOW 12v positive and NOT RED.

Edited by sticknstone

On a "Molex" connector, the yellow wire is +12V, the red wire is +5V.

Rather than a connector another option is to buy a "Molex" splitter cable (Y-cable), cut off one of the female connectors (females have holes), and splice the +12V and black to your LED strip, you could just cut the +5V and other black short and tape them up or put some heatshrink over the ends...

it sounds a bit much, but you don't waste a "Molex" connector from your PSU with a dead-end (no pass-through)...

On a "Molex" connector, the yellow wire is +12V, the red wire is +5V.

Rather than a connector another option is to buy a "Molex" splitter cable (Y-cable), cut off one of the female connectors (females have holes), and splice the +12V and black to your LED strip, you could just cut the +5V and other black short and tape them up or put some heatshrink over the ends...

it sounds a bit much, but you don't waste a "Molex" connector from your PSU with a dead-end (no pass-through)...

Thanks for your info.

Actually i have a dead old PSU to steal cables from so dont need a Y-cable

I would just solder the cable and wrap with cable tape...