Liquid Cooling Loop Help

Hi all, i am looking to liquid cool my cpu (950), Ram (corsair dominator 1600mhz 12gb) and 3x 6970s.

i have already chosen all the parts except for rads. i will be running a dual loop and i was thinking of using two antec 200mm rads as they will fit in my case (corsair 600t)

All i need to know is; cpu and ram on loop1 with 3x 6970s on loop 2

or cpu, ram and one 6970 on loop 1 with 2x 6970s on loop 2

or should i look at better rads?

i have chosen ex full copper block for cpu, ek dominator ram block and ek 6970 full cover blocks with 2x EK-DCP 4.0 pumps.

Wow, nice system. I'd like to see some benches when you're done!

I'd go with the CPU and RAM on loop 1 and 3 x 6970's in loop 2. I've never heard of anyone using 200mm rads, but they should work well, though they might be louder, imo.

Welcome to OCC!

Do the GPUs on one loop and the other parts on the other.

As for radiator I personally recommend the Black ICE GTX480/360 or even 240 rads. They are very thick and big but some of the best. Not sure if they fit in your case though.

Also cool that there are other people who also watercool their RAM :lol:

Edited by Krieg1337

Krieg, are there pictures i can see of your loop? I'm really interested in seeing something that.. intricate.

Or, better yet, a video of you flushing/refilling? That's gotta be a nightmare! :teehee:

Krieg, are there pictures i can see of your loop? I'm really interested in seeing something that.. intricate.

Or, better yet, a video of you flushing/refilling? That's gotta be a nightmare! :teehee:

Well sadly its not built yet :/..your gonna have to wait till next month because I am still waiting on a few parts. Once its all good and done I will get some pics up though

Unless you *really* want to I'd suggest not getting the RAM block.

I'd also suggest getting different pumps...Jingway pumps really aren't known for their reliability or longevity. A single D5 or MCP35X would be more than enough to run the whole setup with a single loop (a few 6970 blocks (which aren't very restrictive at all) plus a EK Supreme HF (kinda restrictive) wouldn't really slow down either pump).

Edited by Waco

i was thinking of using two antec 200mm rads as they will fit in my case (corsair 600t)

Slow down!

To choose the right rad for cooling the rads rated cooling watts should be matched to the thermal design power (tdp) of the components it will cool. For example, one 6970 tdp is 250 watts x 3 is 750 tdp watts; therefore a 420 (4 x 120 mm) rad is the best choice. The cpu and ram with a 200 x 200 would be ok, later you could possibly add the mobo to the loop. Also get the fan with the greatest cfm flow.

Slow down!

To choose the right rad for cooling the rads rated cooling watts should be matched to the thermal design power (tdp) of the components it will cool. For example, one 6970 tdp is 250 watts x 3 is 750 tdp watts; therefore a 420 (4 x 120 mm) rad is the best choice. The cpu and ram with a 200 x 200 would be ok, later you could possibly add the mobo to the loop. Also get the fan with the greatest cfm flow.

The rads he's talking about are essentially 4 x 120 mm (since they are 200mm by 200mm).

IMHO two of them for his CPU + GPUs would be fine as long as he used decent fans.

Like others said 120 rads are the best, the best fans for radiators are Gentle Typhoons. They have lots of static pressure which is good for cooling radiators, just never use them as case fans.

The rads he's talking about are essentially 4 x 120 mm (since they are 200mm by 200mm).

IMHO two of them for his CPU + GPUs would be fine as long as he used decent fans.

A better comparison would be to use rad watt cooling capacity information, but if the surface area is compared the 200 x 200 would be 40000 mm2 and the 4 x 120 would be 57600 mm2; Therefore, it is better to purchase the 4 x 120 rad.

A thought may come to mind where in the world will a 4 x 120 rad fit? Well two 2 x 120 rads should do the job for the 6970s.

A thought may come to mind where in the world will a 4 x 120 rad fit?

Especially two of them (since he's planning on doing two of the 200x200mm rads). :lol:

The fin density plays a big part in how much heat they can dissipate as well but either way he'll be fine with two of those big rads.