What do you think of Firefox 4?

Onion

What do you think of Firefox 4?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Firefox 4?

• It's great, I love it!
    • It's pretty good, but I'll keep using FF 3.
    • It sucks, I'd rather use another browser.
    • I haven't used it yet and don't plan on it.
    • I haven't used it yet, but I will soon.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FF4 is nothing more than an annoying Chrome rip-off. Mozilla, if I wanted Chrome, I WOULD FREAKIN' DOWNLOAD CHROME.

Not only that, but even after I uninstalled it, the layout was still messed up! I had to delete my bookmarks and everything just to get it back to how it was. If Mozilla keeps this up, it's going to get to the point where I would rather use Internet Explorer.

FF4 is nothing more than an annoying Chrome rip-off. Mozilla, if I wanted Chrome, I WOULD FREAKIN' DOWNLOAD CHROME.

Not only that, but even after I uninstalled it, the layout was still messed up! I had to delete my bookmarks and everything just to get it back to how it was. If Mozilla keeps this up, it's going to get to the point where I would rather use Internet Explorer.

I don't see how it messed up your Chrome bookmarks.. they are pretty easy to rearrange in the bookmarks manager anyway. I do think FF4 is an improvement over FF3, but they dropped the ball, took too long, this would have been great like 6 months ago. I do like that they finally integrated sync, but Chrome has had that for a while now and now Chrome has all the FF equivalent extensions I need. The orange FF file ribbon, or whatever it's called is kinda fugly too.

Edited by ReelFiles

When I installed FF4, the only add-on/extension that still worked was Java. The others (such as Flash and my HP Web Printing thing) were supposedly "incomatible with this version of Firefox".

And what I meant is that to actually get back on 3.6.16 how it was, I had to do the uninstall with the option of removing bookmarks and personal data and such. I tried just doing an uninstall with keeping those, but the layout was still f'ed up (like the home button being over on the right for example).

I'm so disappointed with Mozilla's blunder here that I don't even have words to describe it.

I didn't have FF 3 installed so no issue there. Got NoScript, AdBlock Plus installed no issue.It used to be the other way around, but I got used to Chrome and I would miss NotScripts, AdBlock Plus, Better Pop Up Blocker and Google Personal Blocklist, they have become essential to me, funny how the tables turned.

I think I'm going to wait for *at least* a couple of more versions of FF4 updates. I want more compatibility with add-ons first and foremost. I also want it to resemble Chrome less. :glare: Most immediately, I want the static status bar back (vs. the pop up one like Chrome's).

Time to give Mozilla some feedback, I guess.

I have firefox on work PC because we support it but at home it is IE9 all the way. No mozilla products on my home stuff. I am slowly converting workers to IE.

Thunderbird will be next to go since we are going to an exchange system soon.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Just thought I would post what my firefox 4 looks like now. I didn't like the color of the orange menu button so I decided to change it. Then I got carried away. I like the tabs up in the title bar. I think I'm going to get rid of the tab groups button though. I don't think I'll ever use it.

flarefox.png

I do have a few issues with this acting weird though. I'm trying to get it ironed out. In case you're curious I'm doing all this in a userChrome.css file but you can do it with stylish as well.