PC VS Xbox 360 VS PS3

Black64

You know what? It's not even worth trying to debate with you. Time and time again you've shown that you'll hear no opinion but your own.

• Like 1

Obviously this would never happen, but what if someone took CryEngine3. Spent a year or so optimizing it for 1 specific CPU,GPU,RAM, all that good stuff. Then released the thing as a tech demo or whatever. I wonder how amazing that would look. These devs spend years optimizing engines for consoles because its static, theres one system for each platform so thats why they can push the old tech so far. I just want to know what a gtx580 is capable if the engine was optimized for it.

a man can only dream

Obviously this would never happen, but what if someone took CryEngine3. Spent a year or so optimizing it for 1 specific CPU,GPU,RAM, all that good stuff. Then released the thing as a tech demo or whatever. I wonder how amazing that would look. These devs spend years optimizing engines for consoles because its static, theres one system for each platform so thats why they can push the old tech so far. I just want to know what a gtx580 is capable if the engine was optimized for it.

a man can only dream

Exactly! The reasons for preferring a console to a given PC for development are blindingly obvious for anyone that can see through the shroud of fanboyism.

PC's vary from one to the next and 100% compatibility is physically impossible. Consoles are indeed static - they (should) all act in the same way with the same hardware configurations.

The reason is money comes from the consoles. Plain and simple. And I'm not sure for the X360, but PS3 developers are become more and more efficient in their programming. Take a look at Killzone 3, Uncharted 2, God Of War 3 and Heavy Rain. Because they are so limited, and they ONLY have to focus on ONE system, they can develop techniques and optimise heavily. For example, in God Of War 3, they use an anti-aliasing technique know as MLAA. Instead of relying on the GPU, it relies on the processing power of the PS3's CPU.

Don't bash consoles because you think a PC is better. No doubt it is, but when developers can't optimise due to so many different systems and hardware configurations, it will take PC game YEARS to move forward in how they look.

You guys also seem to be forgetting WHY you play games. It's to have fun right? So what does it matter. If it doesn't look like arse, and I haven't seen ANY game look visual unplayable for years, then just have some damn fun with the game! That's the whole point isn't it? If you want to look a graphics, then download programs such as Cinebench and stare away all day, but I'd take a PS3/X360 over a PC if it means having more fun.

gaming is meant to be about having fun...not fighting like this...if a developer would walk up to you he would say the exact same thing to you too!

:withstupid:

Us Dan's know how it is

I'm a PC Gamer at heart but consoles are fine, as long as they don't ruin my PC games.

The big thing that got my into PC gaming was when my xbox 360 got the Rrod back in "07" and I called it quits. Never looked back and I an still happy gaming on PC. :popcorn:

Lol, I have multiple PC's, an Xbox 360 with Kinect, a PS3 (don't have the Move, though), and a Wii.

I still play most games on the PC. The only reason I play on the Xbox 360 or PS3 is because some of my friends only play on consoles. Playing with the Kinect is fun, though.

I'm a much better FPS player on the PC, but I'm still really good on the console using the controllers. I get better FPS and latency via my PC.

Sports games on consoles rule. RTS games on consoles suck.

Everyone has their own opininons on systems and games, if you don't like it or don't think you'll like it, then don't get it is all. :P

:withstupid:

Us Dan's know how it is

I'm a PC Gamer at heart but consoles are fine, as long as they don't ruin my PC games.

oh no i'm confused :( and sad because of the sign :( whats us dan's? . hey ivy i found my self in a trance for a minute at ur pic!

this split in gamers is horrible! we all want one thing and thats to have fun and play enjoyable games to our hearts content!

btw i got bulletstorm epic edition today and i cant play till june :( :( :( :(

Edited by Dan The Gamer