PC VS Xbox 360 VS PS3

Black64

Yet devs still choose to prioritize the consoles over the PC. It's a mystery to me why. The single disadvantage that the PC has in comparison to any console is piracy, which isn't much of a problem if developers took their heads out of their asses and made some GOOD games because people would buy something that's worth buying. Too bad today gaming is no longer about gaming but about money, which the PC doesn't deliver in exchange for good gameplay and the unlimited possibilities that the system offers when creating a game. Amnesia was a PC exclusive made by an indie developer and despite that the game got a pirate release a day before the official release, Frictional Games STILL made a huge profit and are off to make their next game that I'm excited about. This example right here is all the proof anyone in their right mind should need.

What would happen if a game like Homefront was exclusively released on the PC? Profit would be a bit less, but the advantages would far exceed the cash loss (if a quality product is what is expected from the game, and not highest profit) in the form of a more refined gameplay that's made to suit a gaming PC better in all aspects (mouse, keyboard, system, etc) and would probably have much better support and obviously would be more close to perfection since no time was wasted on other things. The game would certainly not be as pirated as much as it will be right now when it gets released as it is.

All this to say that the power of the consoles vs the PC doesn't matter that much. It's the developers that no longer care about the actual games as much as they do about the profit they make that changes everything. Does this make any console more "gaming" than a PC? Not one bit.

kbye

Edited by sack_patrol

It's the developers that no longer care about the actual games as much as they do about the profit they make that changes everything.

It's not their fault - they need to eat too (what's the point of a job if you don't get paid?). As I said above, I'd much rather develop a game for the console market where I know it will work as I intended and I won't have to waste time doing compatibility tests/fixes instead of working on the game itself. If anything developers can spend more time working on the gameplay if they make a console game...

EDIT: Don't bring up piracy - it's just as common on consoles as it is on PCs.

Edited by Waco

considering the gfx card on the consoles is equivalent to the gt7800 i think they're doing a grand job!the tiple core processor need hyperthreading like the xbox's...can you even compare the ps3's one lol?

Not sure what exactly you mean here, but while the PS3's GPU is inferior to the XBOX360, the cpu is far more advanced, which is why the graphics on the PS3 are better.

It's not their fault - they need to eat too (what's the point of a job if you don't get paid?). As I said above, I'd much rather develop a game for the console market where I know it will work as I intended and I won't have to waste time doing compatibility tests/fixes instead of working on the game itself. If anything developers can spend more time working on the gameplay if they make a console game...

EDIT: Don't bring up piracy - it's just as common on consoles as it is on PCs.

Oh they get paid alright bro. They get paid for jerking off all day and what comes out are games liek CoD 6/7 and Bulletstorm. Most devs don't deserve the money they make. As for piracy, it might be existent for the consoles too, but it's nowhere nearly as much as on the PCs. If you really want to, you could ask where the devs are losing LESS money, not where they are making more. On consoles their games are safer.

It is their fault, it's their choice, no one can make it for them, they're the only ones to blame for what systems they develop for. If I'm wrong about that, then free will apparently doesn't exist.

Nobody can know their game will work out on any system, I would imagine there are a good number of games that don't see the kind of success they expected on consoles and pc alike.

If developers really put their games on consoles for the sake of making them better, then why does crap like call of duty and halo still pop up every year? Because they are cash cows, nothing more. It's the same reason developers put Intel or Nvidia logos in the game's startup, because money is what really matters to them.

You can't start off your paragraph saying that they develop on consoles because that's where the money is and then say they do it to make their games better, nothing works that way. Wal-Mart doesn't treat their employees like crap and then give them a big paycheck, they treat them like crap and then give them a minimal paycheck because that's going to bring more profit for wal-mart.

This whole thread is just absurd, nothing anyone has said so far really makes sense, including everything I just said. It's just opinions, it's just the same thing that happens every time PC vs Consoles gets brought up.

Oh they get paid alright bro. They get paid for jerking off all day and what comes out are games liek CoD 6/7 and Bulletstorm. Most devs don't deserve the money they make. As for piracy, it might be existent for the consoles too, but it's nowhere nearly as much as on the PCs. If you really want to, you could ask where the devs are losing LESS money, not where they are making more. On consoles their games are safer.

Well done for demonstrating (again) that you have absolutely no clue about what you have just attempted to write about.

As always, the fanboyism rears its ugly head. Both PC's and consoles have their relative merits, so swallow it, and move on. There is more than ample room for both to survive happily in perpetuity.

Nobody can know their game will work out on any system, I would imagine there are a good number of games that don't see the kind of success they expected on consoles and pc alike.

If you read more carefully you'd notice I was talking about the game actually working on a technical level. All the time spent trying to make games run properly on various PC configurations can be used to improve the game itself on consoles.

Well done for demonstrating (again) that you have absolutely no clue about what you have just attempted to write about.

Beat me to it.

There is more than ample room for both to survive happily in perpetuity.

Especially since it's relatively easy to port from console -> PC these days. :lol:

Edited by Waco

If you read more carefully you'd notice I was talking about the game actually working on a technical level. All the time spent trying to make games run properly on various PC configurations can be used to improve the game itself on consoles.

so how come Gears of War is such a piece of crap game, and CS isn't?

Edited by sack_patrol

so how come Gears of War is such a piece of crap game, and CS isn't?

I honestly have no idea how this comes off as a logical question in your mind.

I honestly have no idea how this comes off as a logical question in your mind.

lol.

u say that the time spent on making games run properly on the PC can be spent improving the game on the console right. Gears is a 360 exclusive so how come even though it's supposedly been improved upon, why does it still suck so badly? CS is a PC exclusive game yet it's so much better. An even better example is L4D which is on both platforms, yet it's also better than Gears as game in general as well. So what did Epic Games improve in Gears 2 and 3? Doesn't seem like they did much.

Do I really have to point out that there are bad games on both platforms...and that you are not the sole judge of quality when it comes to gaming?

Posts like "LOL THAT GAME SUCKS BUT THIS OTHER GAME ON PC IS BETTER SO LOLOLOL CONSOLES MUST SUCK" don't do anything except give us something to laugh at.

Do I really have to point out that there are bad games on both platforms...and that you are not the sole judge of quality when it comes to gaming?

Posts like "LOL THAT GAME SUCKS BUT THIS OTHER GAME ON PC IS BETTER SO LOLOLOL CONSOLES MUST SUCK" don't do anything except give us something to laugh at.

I am not the sole judge and there are bad games on both platforms, but the main point is that consoles don't offer anything better compared to the PC when it comes to development. Even if is simpler to make a game for the console, chances are that it would be better on the PC.