Worst Trilogy

flareback

I was wondering what everyone thinks the worst trilogy of all time is.

My vote goes to the Matrix. First one was great but 2 & 3 were terrible.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put The Matrix in my top three along with Star Wars (the three original ones) and The Lord of the Rings. I can't think of a really bad trilogy because they only get that far if they are successful and make money?

Star Wars Episodes 1-3. I think Paul's confused, the original Episodes 4-6 were awesome.

Matrix was great, but I agree, 2 and 3 were aweful.

I kind of liked the Lord of the Rings, but the first one was the better of the three, and some of parts in part 2 were good.

I'm sure there are a lot worse trilogies out there, especially in the horror genre, but I never bother to see any of those movies.

Star Wars Episodes 1-3. I think Paul's confused, the original Episodes 4-6 were awesome.

Confused? I said the "three original ones", A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi. I haven't even watched the three "new" ones and probably won't! ;)

Back to the future, Chronicles of Narnia, Cruel Intentions, The Karate Kid and I know what you did last summer all come to mind as terrible.

Lord of th Rings is my favorite followed by the original star wars.

I agree with the matrix as well.

Back to the future, Chronicles of Narnia, Cruel Intentions, The Karate Kid and I know what you did last summer all come to mind as terrible.

Lord of th Rings is my favorite followed by the original star wars.

I agree with the matrix as well.

Wait, Karate Kid was a trilogy? I never knew there was a second but never saw it, and I didn't know there was a third.

I didn't mind Back to the Future. I didn't like the one where they went back to the cowboy days but the other two I liked.

Wait, Karate Kid was a trilogy? I never knew there was a second but never saw it, and I didn't know there was a third.

I didn't mind Back to the Future. I didn't like the one where they went back to the cowboy days but the other two I liked.

There's 5 Karate Kid movies. The most recent one had Jackie Chan and Will Smith's son.

It's still up there in "Worst series of movies EVAR!" though

I loved The Matrix. Emphasis on THE.

Hated the trilogy, as a whole, though.

I can't really think of any other trilogies that I didn't like at all. LoTR was ehh, but it wasn't horrible. The Bourne trilogy was pretty good.

I think people just say the Matrix Trilogy is bad because others have said so. Are 2 & 3 as good as the first one? Hell no. But they were still decent movies and as such, the trilogy is certainly not amongst the worst.

In fact, I'd say that none of the trilogies that actually made it to the theaters could be counted amongst the worst by any reasonable person. The worst trilogies are the ones where the third (and even sometimes the second) movie is straight to DVD.

The worst trilogies are the ones where the third (and even sometimes the second) movie is straight to DVD.

Like the Starship Troopers and Lake Placid sequels. First movies were decent, second and third ones didn't even get the privilege of being released in theatres.