U.S. Gasoline prices

Andrewr05

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, if someone can justify why it costs me $400 a month for Quetiapine, I'll be happy.

Medication is ridiculously expensive in the US. My dad takes acebutolol, and costs him over 100 bucks a month here, however when he goes to France, it only runs him about 25 dollars. :wacko:

astra seneca has programs that help out folks that need seroquel and can't afford it...email 'em. on topic: i just paid $4.09 a gal for premium...$12.00 to fill up the scooter...ouch !

It's up to $3.70 for regular unleaded, $3.85 for premium.

If I shop at Price Chopper and go to Sunoco for gas, I can save quite a bit of money on gas. We cash our "points" in about once or twice a month and get ~$1.50 off per gallon. That said, they jack up the prices on Sunoco gas here anyway ($3.75 regular unleaded for them)

Really, most of our oil comes from Canada. It's about damn time we take their oil and maple syrup!

Tom, be smart about it. Look at how much it's going to cost just to buy it. Then you have to factor in your protective gear, unless you trust every driver on the road to be perfectly safe. And of course your tires will maybe last you about 5,000-7,000 miles, not to mention replacing your chain and sprockets as needed. Don't get me wrong, the Ninja 250 is an EXCELLENT bike, especially for a new rider, but don't buy one thinking it'll pay for itself in gas savings.

On the hybrid note, do the math. Let's say you get a used Prius for $15,000 and it's getting 50 MPG. Now let's say that you're getting an average of 15 MPG with your current vehicle, which we'll assume is paid off and the insurance cost is negligible. You're getting 3.3 times the gas mileage out of this Prius. Now, if you drive 12,000 miles a year, you'll be using around 800 gallons of gas for that year. With that Prius, you'll be using 240 gallons. At $4 a gallon, you're saving $2,240. Sounds great. So, you pay down/trade in for $1,500 and get this Prius. Your loan comes out to $288 for a 5 year mortage at 6.99% APR. This adds up to $3,360 a year. You're paying over $1,100 a year MORE when factoring in gas and car payments. This is assuming a $150 registration fee, call your DMV to get the proper amount.

If I messed up on the math, feel free to correct me. I was never the best at it.

My 2001 ninja 250 costed me $1500 a thank you, no loans here. CL baby!

Great deal :D. Good bike too.

Don't you know it, I'd love a fuel injected bike or electric but I'll ride this thing until one of those can match it's price. (it's plenty fast for me, though I get a little mad that the fuel injected bikes with way more power and displacement get comparable mileage....plus carburetors just shouldn't exist anymore)

I was thoroughly mad that ONLY in the US are the new facelifted 250s dual carbs....WHY AMERICA, all the other countries have the fuel injection model! :doh:

Costed, eh? :huh:

:ouch: