U.S. Gasoline prices

Andrewr05

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the civil unrest in the Middle East, prices are just going to keep rising. All the major oil companies are extracting their foreign workers from there. So all that's really left are the national Middle Eastern companies who are just getting back to work, because of tankers not being allowed to port over the past few days.

It won't get that bad in the US though. We have a huge oil reserve anyways.

Tucson, AZ midtown gas prices are $3.05, $3.15, and $3.25 on average. We tend to have really cheap gas here compared to a lot of places, but we also have a pipeline running on the outskirts of town and I am sure the city negotiated some tax breaks because of it.

I feel bad for Cali/coastal residents though. You guys have to pay the added refining taxes that other places don't :(

Speed, I'm an enlisted soldier. My LIFE consists of complaining :P. Though gas prices are the ultimate thing to complain about: It affects just about all of us, there's nothing Joe Smucky Civilian can do about it, and it's one of the few things most everyone will join in on. Example:

"God, I'm so fed up with <politician>" "Well why don't you go write him a letter or vote?"

"God, I'm so fed up with <bands> new music." "Well stop buying their albums and shirts, and listen to their crap."

"God, I'm so fed up with gas prices." "Oh I hear you man."

Then why is Nickleback still in business?

I filled up at $3.29 for regular unleaded today. Diesel was up to $3.69.

Those are just the cheapest, I passed other places that had regular at $3.39.