U.S. Gasoline prices

Andrewr05

So Gasoline is already damn near $4 a gallon, I can not wait til it hits $5+!

:dunno::pfp:

Lets make this thread for posting up what your local pumps are charging, then we can see how drastically they increase over the next (hopefully) few months...

-

And YES, I realize that a lot of other countries are already paying a hell of a lot more for gas/petrol as well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this topic because it's not only gas prices that are going up.. Food.. too. Now might be a time for you guys with some surplus cash to invest in oil stocks. Anyways, I'm in Virginia Beach and we are always lower than major cities around the U.S. But I can say, this is the highest it has been since 2003-2004 when Bush was coming out of office. ~$3.24

Depending on where you go around here, it probably averages about $3.65-3.67. On highway rest stops it can be $3.75+.

Interestingly, my county is $.05-.10 higher than everywhere else in my state.

South Miami, the expensive pumps charge 3.89 a gallon for premium. Shell is a huge rip-off. Most other pumps are 3.49 for regular and 3.69-3.79 for premium. Filling the 745i costs ~75 dollars now. :mellow:

E10 - $3.29

Regular - $3.39

Diesel - $3.69

But doing the math, I have about a 12 gallon tank. Gas prices have slowly increased, yes, but the latest jump was only $.20 for me. So this means that I'm only paying an extra $2.40 to fill up on gas. I can easily recover by not buying junk food when I pay for my gas. I know everyone drives different cars, but gas prices really aren't that bad. Yes, it does affect the economy and drive up the prices on basic goods, but how many of us overspend and buy things we don't need? I know I sure do. Cut back a little bit and you'll find yourself with a bit more breathing room.

LP, if you can afford that car, you don't have a whole lot of room to complain about gas prices :P.

Gas prices have slowly increased, yes, but the latest jump was only $.20 for me. So this means that I'm only paying an extra $2.40 to fill up on gas. I can easily recover by not buying junk food when I pay for my gas. I know everyone drives different cars, but gas prices really aren't that bad. Yes, it does affect the economy and drive up the prices on basic goods, but how many of us overspend and buy things we don't need? I know I sure do. Cut back a little bit and you'll find yourself with a bit more breathing room.

LP, if you can afford that car, you don't have a whole lot of room to complain about gas prices :P.

Your ruining our fun KB, dont you know life would be boring without something to gripe about? :P

Depending on which pump you go to, we have all the way from 3.27 -3.81. And then if you cross the state line its almost 4, something like 3.9x.

Speed, I'm an enlisted soldier. My LIFE consists of complaining :P. Though gas prices are the ultimate thing to complain about: It affects just about all of us, there's nothing Joe Smucky Civilian can do about it, and it's one of the few things most everyone will join in on. Example:

"God, I'm so fed up with <politician>" "Well why don't you go write him a letter or vote?"

"God, I'm so fed up with <bands> new music." "Well stop buying their albums and shirts, and listen to their crap."

"God, I'm so fed up with gas prices." "Oh I hear you man."

Think of it more as an extended loan, I didn't pay for it. :whistling: And at only 9-10 mpg city, it costs a pretty penny to keep running, especially now that I don't have a job anymore.

The only thing that makes it 110% worthwhile is that when we bought it, we a very good deal. Recently, we got a few estimates on the value of it, and it's nearly twice what we paid. The gas is practically paying for itself. :biggrin: