Which headset do you suggest?

mofo2136

I am in the market for a new headset. I want an over the ear gaming headset, and I am pretty hard on them.

I have a Plantronics 777 headset that has really poor construction but is quite comfy. Something near that but not so weak.

Also I am broke so cheaper is good. $50-60 bucks is optimal. Thanks in advance!

or you could get a good pair of headphones - Yamaha Rh-5Ma, plus a Zalman mic. I've had those headphones for 4 years. They still work after quite a bit of abuse through out the years. I just decided that I wanted a new pair so I replaced them.

You could also do your own research online for good gaming headsets. What you want to be looking for is Directional Sound. That's what makes them "gaming".

Steelseries I think has a pair that is pretty popular for gaming. If I'm not mistaken it's either the Spectrum 7XB or the 4H. It's possible that it's a different brand that looks like those... (not sure about the price too... it's possible that they are more than 60$ but I thought you could use the info.)

Edited by sack_patrol

i still love my 6 year old sennhieser pc150 with the sennhieser usb adapter and my pc165 with same adapter both comfy and both have great mics and back in bf2 i could tell my group where tanks were if i could hear them

I have a pair of SteelSeries Sibera V2 (White) Headphones + Mic for my Laptop.

The headphones give off a nice sound. I have not used the Mic much. It is retractable or I should say it rolls up into the earphone area. Kinda Pimp.

I know last time I used Ventrilo People could hear me just fine.

I recommend the G35 headset. Everything about it just pleases me. It's got 7.1 surround, a very crisp mic, 3 macro keys on the side, and a wheel to adjust the volume, a comfortable and very adjustable headband, and above all else, I can't hear ANYTHING going on in my house when I have it on. My parents have to call me on my cell if they want to get my attention. :lol: The G35 is a bit out of your price range, but if you get lucky, you can find one on sale for ~70 dollars. I got mine for 85 off newegg.

I swear, if you buy the TurtleBeach X11's and don't like them I'll give you half price for the used pair :)

That's quite a lowball... Most people can get 75% of the price for an item in mint condition.

Edited by l33t p1mp

The x11's are a decent set of headphones for $50, but I'm not sure they are worth more than that. They sound alright, but they don't sound great. If you're getting them for gaming you won't have any problems but the amplifier gives them static that you can hear if it's quiet. The main reason I got them is because they work great with my xbox.

G35s +1 although I heard they aren't the best for music(mainly gaming)

And for $70 they are probably your best choice!

I currently have the Xonar DX 7.1 and the Steelseries Siberia V2, they are good but honestly not that amazing in games, especially for what I payed($180 or so combined). But for music they are def. pretty nice. So for mainly gaming go with the G35's.

Edited by Krieg1337