Andrewr05

Unofficial OCC 'Beer Discussion' Thread

I am a huge fan of Newcastle Brown Ale. It is a darker ale (not black like a stout or anything, but darker) but it has a smooth taste with an almost caramely/sweet after taste. I find that I can drink it all year round without thinking twice and it really hits the spot after a crap day at work haha

The reason I mention drinking it all year round, is that I live in AZ and a lot of beers becomes too heavy for the summer months. Oddly enough, I think the Mexican brewers have the summer beers down. There's nothing like a Pacifico or Sol while sitting on a secluded beach in Mexico smoking your cubans and nothing having a care in the world :P

Yessss! This guy knows whats up! That is gooood beer.

Double Bastard Ale and Firebrick you say? Alrighty then!

:D

Edited by TOMisCHEEZE

I just turned 21 a few months back so I'm kind of trying different things. Lately I've been enjoying Spaten Optimator. It's the first dark beer I've ever had and I like it a lot better than the light beers I've tried. Does anyone have any recommendations for some sweet tasting or flavored beers?

Try lambic, It's a Belgian wheat beer infused with fruist.

I would try the "Framboise" flavor (raspberry)

It's amazingly strong as well, and refreshing!

I love IPAs and other pale ales. The hoppier the better! My favorite to IPAs are the Sierra Nevada Torpedo and Flying Dog's Double Pale Ale (like 11 or 12% ABV!). My brother is really in to thick, dark and heavy beers which I do have a taste for too. I like a good stout beer. I went to Oktoberfest in Charlotte NC back in late september and there were quite a few good milk and chocolate stouts. I know Thomas Creek has a couple of good ones.

As far as my staple beers, Yueungling is a good choice when it's on sale. However, for the dirt cheap alternative, is Busch Ice (I know some people cringe at "busch", I used to). It can be found for right around $6 for a 12 pack and it 5.9% ABV. The taste is surpisingly full and decent for such a cheap beer. It's the perfect beer for when you're working on a car, cutting the grass, etc, or when you want to get lit up on the cheap!

I just turned 21 in January and, for my birthday, my girlfriend took me to a place called Flying Saucer. They have so many different types of beer it's insane. I had this stout that was amazing, but the only thing I remember about the name was Double Chocolate. It was sooooooo good.

If I'm just drinking at home though, I usually just buy Guinness. (My roomates buy Bud Light and Miller and are amazed when they drink a Guinness and it actually tastes good.)

EDIT:Commas, Commas everywhere.

Edited by nitem4re

I'm boring. I usually drink Stella Artois but have started ordering local beers when I'm travelling. We have a few pubs that specialize in beers. There's one in Toronto with over 200!

As far as my staple beers, Yueungling is a good choice when it's on sale. However, for the dirt cheap alternative, is Busch Ice (I know some people cringe at "busch", I used to). It can be found for right around $6 for a 12 pack and it 5.9% ABV. The taste is surpisingly full and decent for such a cheap beer. It's the perfect beer for when you're working on a car, cutting the grass, etc, or when you want to get lit up on the cheap!

I grew up with Yeungling! Oldest brewery in the US, but damn their stuff is good! I wish I could get it out west here...it is definitely an east coast only beer :(

favorites (in no particular order):

•  
  • Flatbranch IPA (Columbia, MO)
  • Boulevard Wheat (Kansas City, MO)
  • Schlafly Pale Ale (St. Louis, MO)
  • New Castle Brown Ale
  • Fat Tire Amber Ale
  • Dogfish Head
  • ODell Levity Amber Ale

im forgetting countless others.

I LOVE BEER

Edited by ShallowBay

Miller Lite

I love the little vortex bottles, despite them being just a gimmick.

Name a flavor and I bet I (or another member) could find you a beer that encompasses it.

Well, I do kinda like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...

Well, I do kinda like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...

If I can remember the name of that Double Chocolate Stout i had you might like that then...

Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale.. Gold medal winner at the Great American Beer Festival for English Style Summer Ale. Just an amazing beer, i think ill go for one now.

Edited by ShallowBay