My Case Mod...so Far

Wow great mods

Post more of those guides. I think thre should be as many as possoble guides on this site. (that's what I like)

If there is interest in some of my mods i can post them if you like. I could post my newbie tape mod and I will write one for my sebmerged computer mod if it's done. they can be found somewere in this forum aswell.

keep posting those pics

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback.

I also put the MSI diagnostic lights (usually on the USB port in back, pretty useless) up into a floppy drive blank so I can see the green-red-green progression through posting to know what is the problem (if I have any).

I might install my two new PCToys (pretty sure antec just repackaged for PCToys) clear fans (4-blue LEDs) this week. Need to reroute power lines and run them off my Digital Doc5.

I have kind of left it "together" for while to play IceWind Dale 2: before, I was so busy modding and OC'ing that I never played my game (shocker, eh?).

I am thinking about a top window too...but I was thinking about trying the "case cutter" they sell at CompUSA. Anybody ever used one? Looks like a really big hole-punch?

...but I was thinking about trying the "case cutter" they sell at CompUSA. Anybody ever used one? Looks like a really big hole-punch?

yep I have tried it. It works and leaves a clean edge. But its hell on your hands. I use it for small fan holes and stuff, I don't know If I would use it on anything larger, like a window. I had 3 blisters on my hand after cutting one 120mm fan hole with these things.

Thanks posey...

I might try just a top window, say 8"X3.5" or so, take my time, maybe do it in three section, plastic near the back, plastic near the front, and held in the middle by a gap just the right size for a 120mm blowhole fan.

That way I can make a track in two sides of each plastic piecs, so they slot-fit into the cut, and the screws of the 120mm become the rigid part of the three pieces.

Like So...

case_top_window.jpg

I'll let you know how it goes when I start, probably take photos for a guide too.

Mine just has the perforated part of the structure, kind of a "hex" shaped hole pattern between the front intake fans and the arch-shaped baffle of the plastic front...I wouldn't call it a filter, and there is not any foam or anything...

I see, after checking which pics I had put up...you mean the copper-colored screens over the fan guards?

I put those on...using copper craft mesh from Michael's Craft store. It's designed for strengthening clay molds and taking impressions from existing objects. I just used heavy-duty scissors to cut it, laid the fan guard in it, and folded the edges over. This stuff is only like .5mm thick, so the screws just push the mesh apart and you can mount the fan guard back on.

Doesn't really make any type of "color scheme" but I was experimenting with the material and it turned out pretty good.

They have chromey color, brassy color, patina, antique, etc. You could wrap this stuff around the whole face of your computer, but it would be kind of delicate.