My Case Mod...so Far

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, I just emailed you the zip file of my guide with photos...a 560kb zip file.

My layout is primitive, and I wanted to keep image size down.

I use a 5.4Mpixel camera, so if you want to use larger images, just let me know...the originals are 1.2Mbytes each.

Let the guys (and me) know when/if its posted...or if you need me to make any changes.

Thanks, hope it turns out well.

Maybe I should piece together a Guide..do you think anybody would be interested?

I still have the cutout sitting around somewhere, and all I would need to do is setup my Sony digital camera (reason the pics are so huge: 5.4Mpixel camera).

Would they post a newbie Guide if I submitted it?

I would post it on Occ Canada and LinuXproX might be intrested in putting it on Occ :D

what email address should I sent the Zip file to?

I would just send anyone that wants it the 560Kb zip file with the HTML and the images.

bosco, I checked your profile for an email address, but I only get the OCC window with no attachment options...

Thanks LinuXproX...and Mike Ock.

Have to admit it was kind of exciting to log into OCC and see that LinuXproX had already posted me right at the top of the OCC home page! :)

Hope some others can expand on this, I think there are lots of possibllities for someone with alot more skill and time than me.

bosco...I will pulll that zip file off my laptop some time this weekend, or you could just link to mickock.net like LinuXproX did.

My initial parts list was about $1,600 plus the aftermarket fans (2X92mm for clear fans, 2X80mm for intake and exhaust clear fans), plus the Gf4 cooler set from Thermaltake ($20 or so), plus the Digital Doc5 ($60 I think), plus my Memorex (only one I liked the "feel" of) wireless optical mouse, plus the window faceplate mod ($20 for the plastic work), plus the paint (Krylon Mystique to make the interior purple/blue $60), plus the invisible UV paint ($15 for two colors).

Probably close to $2,000 considering I likely forgot something in the list. I barely play the games I bought because I am so occupied with tweaking the cable routing, spiral wraps, fan and temperature connections, and the painting every other day.

But what can I say? I was a gadget freak before I built this system, and that won't change.

I figure I have enough fans to do a whole second tower rig, and eventually by replacing parts I will just buy another tower and build my girlfriend a smaller, LAN-party type tower with my old processor and motherboard.