MSI Kombustor

ddkshah

Anyone Check out the new msi Kombustor benchmark? Its really cool plus surprisingly physx runs better on the cpu then gpu???

http://www.ozone3d.net/msi_kombustor/score_200.php?id=871 with cpu physx

http://www.ozone3d.net/msi_kombustor/score_200.php?id=899 with GPU physx

Edited by ddkshah

• 1 month later...

I was looking at this new benchmark software awhile back and noticed it was built off of furmark mostly (well as far as I can tell) and that could explain part of my new problem.

I just got myself a GTX 580 for my i7 920 system (currently running stock clocks) and I noticed that i am getting REALLY low scores on this thing. I am using the very latest kombustor and drivers and I get a score of about 4k which is insane, sometimes I get less. my partners rig that I just built her has a 6850 and it destroys mine but that is besides the point. on any test with kombustor (GL2-3 or any DX) I get really low fps of about 30-70 and very low scores.

Now the part where furmark may explain it is I was having a similar problem with furmark a few years back and it turns out that one particular setting in the nvidia control panel killed furmarks performance and I just had to essentially flip a switch.

So does anyone else have this issue or have a solution?

EDIT: I know that this is not just the way the benchmark is meant to work (on low numbers i mean) as i have looked at many submitted results and i am getting WAY below par.

Much appreciated,

Nekroze

Edited by Nekroze

yeah i know it favours it but other people who run the kmark normal for instance with the same card as i got can get 8k-10k points and i am hard pressed to get 4k sometimes for some reason the fps wont go higher then 30 and i get 2k and i know that that isnt right.