Gaming Mouse

Armitris

I have been looking for a good gaming mouse for about a week now and there are so many out there that I just can't make up my mind what I should get. I can spend around 50 dollars, I know that isn't much but its what I can afford(wife let me spend on a mouse) so any suggestion on what I should get.

I have a 518

it is a great entry level with a great price

but less than a year the mouse skates broke off

I put new mouse skates on though and it works better than before

I am thinking about getting a different mouse though, so many cool ones came out last year

Some popular ones in that price range are Razer DeathAdder, Logitech Mx518, Logitech G5, and Logitech G500.

I would opt out the Logitech Mx518 in place for the G5 or G500 instead (higher DPI and not that glossy plastic top), unless you want save some money. I got my G500 for $35 last year when it was on sale (I also own all 3 :D).

I got an used Logitech G5 v2 for sale $30 shipped.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Product Detail: Patented 3xFire Button rapidly fires 3 shots with just 1 click increasing target accuracy.

Now that sounds interesting, however not as good as controller auto-fire. Hold down trigger or button and it will repeatedly do it. This you still have to click it to repeat.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I am currently using a Logitech MX518 here at work that I have had for going on 3 or 4 years. I have always used some sort of gaming mouse surface like my Steelpad S&S or QcK+ and my mouse skates still have a lot of life left in them. I would definitely recommend this mouse as it is comfortable to hold for long gaming sessions and I have never ever had an issue with it.

I also have a Razer DeathAdder for my gaming rig, and that is an amazing mouse if you can afford it. Most of the Razer line is quite good, but there are a couple exceptions (never owned any others so I can't say for sure, but some people have more issues than others).

I've got the logitech mx510 -- got it cheap on ebay and painted it black. It works well... Waco has the G5 I think and I really like that. It has the extra weights so you can customize how heavy it is. Otherwise it's the same general shape just a rougher surface finish that I seem to like a bit more.

You should def. get $30 more, or save it up and get the Logitech G700. Better than my X8 because it can do both wired and wireless and its logitech. Wireless is really awesome because its just as good as wired these days and you don't have to worry about the wires.

Krieg, I know wireless has improved, but I'm still old school I guess, and for gaming just can't make the leap. I just can't risk not getting that HS ;) I know others have said the MX518, and I have to strongly agree. Been using mine for about 4 years now and nothing has ever gone wrong with it! Also Newegg as a great deal on it right now, $21.99 after MIR :cheers: Side Note - Logitech customer service is freaking awesome!