imm0rt41

I'm a n00b...again.

If you get a Black Edition CPU I wouldn't worry about the RAM at all - you won't need to overclock it at all to get a good clock out of the CPU. As long as it's stable I say leave it be (aside from pulling the extra 1 GB stick - you can run mixed dual channel as long as both banks have 2 GB of RAM total). :cheers:

:withstupid:

I was thinking this too, 4GB will run just as well as the 5GB.

Maybe i can see if I can get my old 800mhz Dominators back from my friend who just bought my old 775 setup. His old system had the dominators and they're probably just sitting there so he may even give them to me for free. I'll letcha know (unless you don't want the lower speed memory).

Unfortunately I never got them to run at 1066mhz unofficially either, but I was able to get my cousin's 620 x4 to 3.4ghz on with 1333mhz ram (ddr3) which is kind of like the 800mhz of ddr3 so you may be just fine.

:withstupid:

I was thinking this too, 4GB will run just as well as the 5GB.

Maybe i can see if I can get my old 800mhz Dominators back from my friend who just bought my old 775 setup. His old system had the dominators and they're probably just sitting there so he may even give them to me for free. I'll letcha know (unless you don't want the lower speed memory).

Unfortunately I never got them to run at 1066mhz unofficially either, but I was able to get my cousin's 620 x4 to 3.4ghz on with 1333mhz ram (ddr3) which is kind of like the 800mhz of ddr3 so you may be just fine.

Are the Dominators DDR2? If it is, I would definitely be interested in it :P

We already figured out my board won't support DDR3 unfortunately. But I intend to OC the balls out of this CPU when I do get better RAM. Eventually when I upgrade to a better CPU, I was planning on throwing this AthlonII in a micro atx rig haha

Are the Dominators DDR2? If it is, I would definitely be interested in it :P

We already figured out my board won't support DDR3 unfortunately. But I intend to OC the balls out of this CPU when I do get better RAM. Eventually when I upgrade to a better CPU, I was planning on throwing this AthlonII in a micro atx rig haha

Yeah it's ddr2 (or else I wouldn't of recommended it :rolleyes: )

but ya, I think I was able to overclock them to 9xxmhz if I'm not mistaken. (don't quote me on this)

I'll ask my friend now

Yeah it's ddr2 (or else I wouldn't of recommended it :rolleyes: )

but ya, I think I was able to overclock them to 9xxmhz if I'm not mistaken. (don't quote me on this)

I'll ask my friend now

Sorry about that, I hadnt noticed there were multiple versions of the dominator line. I'm pretty new to the new hardware. I mainly deal with OEM systems at work, this is my first gaming rig in a looooong time haha

But yeah, let me know. I'm actually going to power down the machine now to match the RAM so I am at least running as fast as possible for now.

About time you found your way back here... say you should be able to wrangle better prices out of suppliers now you're part of the industry eh? :thumbsup:

I wish! unfortunately we only get discounts because we are part of a university, but it helps us out at work. As for me, I am at the mercy of the deals hunting like the rest of you lol

That's harsh! how about a new gaming build PC that you could put down as a tax deduction (for purportedly doing work at home)? :D

That's harsh! how about a new gaming build PC that you could put down as a tax deduction (for purportedly doing work at home)? :D

you know, I thought about that but my family accountant just couldn't make it work lol

Removed the extra 1GB stick last night. The sticks aren't matched (one is faster than the other two) but it definitely runs a little quicker. Launching applications seemed quicker, at least.

Sorry about that, I hadnt noticed there were multiple versions of the dominator line. I'm pretty new to the new hardware. I mainly deal with OEM systems at work, this is my first gaming rig in a looooong time haha

But yeah, let me know. I'm actually going to power down the machine now to match the RAM so I am at least running as fast as possible for now.

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk (sorry), I'm waiting to hear back from him. If he wants money for them I'll try to get them for like $30

I wish! unfortunately we only get discounts because we are part of a university, but it helps us out at work. As for me, I am at the mercy of the deals hunting like the rest of you lol

Deal hunting is the best though, there's something about the thrill of the hunt!

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk (sorry), I'm waiting to hear back from him. If he wants money for them I'll try to get them for like $30

Deal hunting is the best though, there's something about the thrill of the hunt!

Oh no man, I thought I was being the jerk lol. Either way it's cool man, I don't take the internets too seriously :P

But yeah that would be cool by me, I need to get some matched, higher end sticks in here asap so I can see what this chip can do. I also need to find a guide on these chips since the last thing I overclocked is my AthlonXP way back in the day and things have advanced a lot since then.

As for deal hunting, my boss and I have a running tally of how much money we have saved. He's ahead by like 4 bucks :(

I got the ram, PM with your address and I'll ship it out tomorrow! $30 takes it :)

4x1Gb ddr2 800mhz Corsair Dominator