Dan's Computer News Updates and Stuff...

I was at a meeting today and I asked a few people in the know what the skinny on BD was...and because they don't want to go to jail, they couldn't tell me anything. :lol:

I hate knowing people that know stuff but can't talk about it. :mfp:

Edited by Waco

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/computers/release-date-pushed-back-a-month-for-amd-bulldozer-desktop-processors/6652

Reports are now saying a month delay, Bulldozers in October. I'm guessing end of October or November at best imo. Delays are always longer than first anticipated. Some reports say they have a material shortage, others say they are tweaking the chips since the i7-2700K will be out as well as a new "Extreme" series from Intel, thus making the Bulldozer impact much less.

That last argument makes sense, since if the new chips can match or better an i7-2600K, a faster version may just pop the AMD balloon and ruin the launch reviews.

According to powercolor 7000 series is out 1st quarter 2012, by the looks of it the 7870 will be the replacement for a 6970 so that looks pretty good and at more than half the power consumption... but then again AMD is saying it will be ready this year but near end of year so after BF3 and TES V, good news the 7790 is using the new architecture?

Edited by Dan The Gamer

• ir_cow unpinned this topic