Dan's Computer News Updates and Stuff...

the main thing is that they are comparing intergrated graphics so its intel's problem that its 'less then impressive', still we dont know what clock speed the amd apu was...if that was a laptop one that its a winner.

also it uses LESS POWER than the sandy bridge so it is comparable...there is an obvious tdp difference in the cpus you mentionedmfacepalm.gif

LESS POWER? in terms of CPU its never that big of a diffrence, and if power is such a problem then a Decent PSU which is always a smart investment should be considered, yes the CPUS i listed is a big diffrence but the fact of the matter is the entry level 2Ghz Sandy is just that entry level thats like comparing a Nvidia fx 5500 to the FX 5950 Ultra, same series yet better model, the i7 2600 and its 1300Mhz GPU clock plus all the other goodies is good enough to play even the most demanding games. of course a standalone card will perform better but for sake of argument they purposely used the entry level sandy for a reason. its called sales gimmicks

LESS POWER? in terms of CPU its never that big of a diffrence, and if power is such a problem then a Decent PSU which is always a smart investment should be considered, yes the CPUS i listed is a big diffrence but the fact of the matter is the entry level 2Ghz Sandy is just that entry level thats like comparing a Nvidia fx 5500 to the FX 5950 Ultra, same series yet better model, the i7 2600 and its 1300Mhz GPU clock plus all the other goodies is good enough to play even the most demanding games. of course a standalone card will perform better but for sake of argument they purposely used the entry level sandy for a reason. its called sales gimmicks

if its for the laptop less power is a big thing since it increases battery life.Llano is going to be big in laptops when they are released...again we dont know if the cpu is MOBILE so enough with the desktop comparisons, this could be be the low end for amd too....lets just wait and see.

also send me a link of the laptop with the i7 playng crysis and metro 2033...if you happened to notice the cpus are most likely laptop ones since they use equal amount of energy...well the amd one uses less and its being compared to a laptop intel....a level entry sandy bridge is an i3...otherwise intel is wrong and i doubt that intel is wrong and you're right.

Edited by Dan The Gamer

LESS POWER? in terms of CPU its never that big of a diffrence, and if power is such a problem then a Decent PSU which is always a smart investment should be considered,

If you had to choose between a laptop with 10 hours of battery life or 3 hours...which would you choose?

If you had to choose between a laptop with 10 hours of battery life or 3 hours...which would you choose?

thank mr.waco...anyways the cpu is essentially an ultra energy efficient athlon II which is great and a great gpu in one package.For Laptops. the desktop ones will be much faster and could have double the tdp...

This. I dont like having a really hot laptop on my lap for ages at a time. And while, depending on the laptop, amds can get hot they dont get near as hot a intel stuff.

Wait what?

SB isn't even consuming power if you compare to amd, except maybe amds single cores...

sorry but amd is way behind on watts/perforamance guys...

dang!!!!!

i read the whole article just to find the update at the bottom:

"John Fruehe, Director of Product Marketing for Server, Embedded and FireStream products at AMD, said that Bulldozer won't be compatible with AM3 motherboards."

oh well, i thought it was too good to be true!!!!

http://fudzilla.com/...east-three-skus

according to this a 1.8 ghz llano beat a 2ghz sandybridge...awesome.

ocre we dont know for certain...they seem to change the compatablility often, they say its am3 compatible they say its not...well apparantly bulldozer wont be shown due to chipset issues, i want llano in my next laptop...though hybrid crossfire with a fast gpu though lol2.gif

Wait what?

SB isn't even consuming power if you compare to amd, except maybe amds single cores...

sorry but amd is way behind on watts/perforamance guys...

according to the video it is...

Edited by Dan The Gamer

FYI, on the same system (only swapping out the motherboard and CPU), an i7 950 at 4.37GHz at 1.3875 Vcore drew 100W more from idle to full load than an i7 2600K at 4.5GHz at 1.35v from ilde to full load. My 1090T at 4.0Ghz at 1.45v is about the same as the i7 2600k (though on a different system, but using the same test method).

FYI, on the same system (only swapping out the motherboard and CPU), an i7 950 at 4.37GHz at 1.3875 Vcore drew 100W more from idle to full load than an i7 2600K at 4.5GHz at 1.35v from ilde to full load. My 1090T at 4.0Ghz at 1.45v is about the same as the i7 2600k (though on a different system, but using the same test method).

this comment wasn't aimed at me? right?

http://fudzilla.com/...east-three-skus

according to this a 1.8 ghz llano beat a 2ghz sandybridge...awesome.

ocre we dont know for certain...they seem to change the compatablility often, they say its am3 compatible they say its not...well apparantly bulldozer wont be shown due to chipset issues, i want llano in my next laptop...though hybrid crossfire with a fast gpu though lol2.gif

according to the video it is...

I have no doubt in my mind the gap is closing on the CPU side intel vs AMD. The big thing to brag on is that Llano will seem much faster and responsive with currenty every day task due to the fusion technology. I find it extremely interesting that Llano is based off the phenom2 cores. Most ppl see AMD as way behind intel but really without hyperthreading there isnt a huge difference in the cores performance. Intel will have a stronger CPU than Llano, i am sure of this, but i think without a doubt AMD will have the better system. Intel shot themselves in the foot when they snubbed Nvidia and smoked on their pipe dream Laugh-a-bee. Its not gonna matter to the majority of ppl that SB is more powerful on the CPU side because its not gonna feel that way when using current everyday task. I have been leaning towards this view and the current info helps me to believe it. Even knowing these test are setup by AMD, I still feel like AMD will have the edge with Llano as far as anything intel currently has in the pipeline. The only way i feel Intel has a chance is to rush out some of the future CPU/GPU combos. This is why i said what i did on page one. If AMD is 3 months from dropping Llano on us, it better be better than the current Demo versions cause now intel knows what to expect......and intel is very capable, dont underestimate them. So i kinda wish AMD wasnt just out showing off Llano now, even if they need the publicity, i see it as a risk.

I have no doubt in my mind the gap is closing on the CPU side intel vs AMD. The big thing to brag on is that Llano will seem much faster and responsive with currenty every day task due to the fusion technology. I find it extremely interesting that Llano is based off the phenom2 cores. Most ppl see AMD as way behind intel but really without hyperthreading there isnt a huge difference in the cores performance. Intel will have a stronger CPU than Llano, i am sure of this, but i think without a doubt AMD will have the better system. Intel shot themselves in the foot when they snubbed Nvidia and smoked on their pipe dream Laugh-a-bee. Its not gonna matter to the majority of ppl that SB is more powerful on the CPU side because its not gonna feel that way when using current everyday task. I have been leaning towards this view and the current info helps me to believe it. Even knowing these test are setup by AMD, I still feel like AMD will have the edge with Llano as far as anything intel currently has in the pipeline. The only way i feel Intel has a chance is to rush out some of the future CPU/GPU combos. This is why i said what i did on page one. If AMD is 3 months from dropping Llano on us, it better be better than the current Demo versions cause now intel knows what to expect......and intel is very capable, dont underestimate them. So i kinda wish AMD wasnt just out showing off Llano now, even if they need the publicity, i see it as a risk.

I think the 1.8ghz one performs very well, and I doubt this is the fastest one, have to go pack to pg one to see what you said,thing is though bulldozer is the performance gpu while the i7 sandy is too...

i went back and saw ur comment on bd and apparantly they aren't showing bd because of chipset issues.

Edited by Dan The Gamer

• ir_cow unpinned this topic