Dan's Computer News Updates and Stuff...

Well if anybody is really interested in Bulldozer or Llano you can post any links here to keep it in one place.

http://benchmarkrevi...14298&Itemid=47

As you know rumors are saying amd will reveal info about Bulldozer at CeBit 2011 from 1st March to the 5th March.

Any info is welcome as there is barerly any... AMD is doing great to keep things under wraps...

Edited by Dan The Gamer
  • Like 1

I'd like to at least see some performance numbers. They should try their hardest to get Bulldozer onto market before sandy bridge makes a comeback.

Better yet, make sure they ATLEAST can equal sandy bridge. Or else pointless chips are pointless

Better yet, make sure they ATLEAST can equal sandy bridge. Or else pointless chips are pointless

Personally I dont care if they compete with Intel on that basis or not. Where AMD really shines is cost versus performance and Heat versus watts used. For Portable computing (laptops, netbooks and tablets) you cannot beat AMD. they run cooler, Quieter and consume much less power. that is a big plus in the mobile communities.

Where AMD really shines is cost versus performance and Heat versus watts used. For Portable computing (laptops, netbooks and tablets) you cannot beat AMD. they run cooler, Quieter and consume much less power. that is a big plus in the mobile communities.

This. I dont like having a really hot laptop on my lap for ages at a time. And while, depending on the laptop, amds can get hot they dont get near as hot a intel stuff.

Personally I dont care if they compete with Intel on that basis or not. Where AMD really shines is cost versus performance and Heat versus watts used. For Portable computing (laptops, netbooks and tablets) you cannot beat AMD. they run cooler, Quieter and consume much less power. that is a big plus in the mobile communities.

Yeah, my next laptop will definitely be an AMD.

I'm not saying I don't respect their current niche in the market, I just want there to be more fierce competition. The problem is that the sandy bridge processors perform better AND are equally efficient (where as the 1366 i7s like mine just performed better). This is why AMD needs to step it up or there's going to be no reason to get them when the price for a way better Intel is pennies more, talking strictly desktop chips here guiz.

I am with you on that I am just waiting for more manufactures to produce them only about 4 models out now.

• ir_cow unpinned this topic