Itunes Purchased Songs Woes.

SpeedCrazy

Hi Guys.

Before i start know this; When i got an itunes acc i was just interested in getting a few select songs without having to buy cds and then i got hooked on instant music purchases for about 2 months now i have a library that itunes continues to try to cheat me of.

The problem is, before i built my i7 rig i was on a shared imac, (i have repented) and i started my itunes acc on that computer. After a while we got a new one, i then took a backup disk of my library and transfered to the new one. Now i did the same when i got this rig but i never got around to listening to any of the stuff till recently, (i just love youtube) and it tells me i have authorized 3 of my 5 possible computers? wut? I cant use those comps anymore but they still count? So that means in a couple years i will not be able to listen to that music? Also i cant listen on this comp unless there is internet, otherwise it asks me to re authorize but fails because it cannot connect to the itunes server. I dont know if i had that problem before on the second mac as i was not such a nerd then and if there was no internet the comp was left lonely.

So my question is is there anyway to get long term usage of my music? And yes for all you anti apple people i have well and truly repented of OSX since transferring to Windows 7. (i skipped from 98 to osx then windows 7)

:thx:

There is a way to de-authorize all of the computers, and then you can authorize yours. You could also burn all of your songs to cd's, and rip them, it gets rid of the drm.

Edited by F13Bubba