Another Contest Starting on Sunday Night

Bosco

I usually dont as I feel this is more for members than staff but saying that I have entered 2 since I have been here...so knock yourself out...

I still feel as though Staff oughta have a changed if FOB Members can ;)

Hmmm. Abbreviation.... can mean so many things. :whistling:

See you guys on Sunday. :P

Fresh Off Boat....I just feel like people join up just for the contests and that's not right for the rest of us.

I'd even go so far as to omit myself from any contests here if that's what it would take for some stricter requirements to come into play.

Maybe have it similar to buying and selling ya know?? I can almost guarantee they'll just desert the place once they don't win (and possibly even if they do)

Fresh Off Boat....I just feel like people join up just for the contests and that's not right for the rest of us.

I'd even go so far as to omit myself from any contests here if that's what it would take for some stricter requirements to come into play.

Maybe have it similar to buying and selling ya know?? I can almost guarantee they'll just desert the place once they don't win (and possibly even if they do)

+1

My opinion is that contests should be for dedicated members, we are the people who make up this online community so why should prizes donated to the community be given to FOB mems who have joined for the contest only?

I joined up for a contest, and I'm still here. I'm like herpes, I may disappear from time to time, but as much as you might want to, you can't get rid of me :evilgrin:

+1

My opinion is that contests should be for dedicated members, we are the people who make up this online community so why should prizes donated to the community be given to FOB mems who have joined for the contest only?

But you can't neglect the fact that some people will be encouraged to join by the sweepstakes and then become dedicated members. I understand you're point, but I don't think it would be right to exclude the new people too strictly. However, there's no reason there couldn't be some of both kinds; for global membership and for "dedicated" membership.

By the way, what would be the definition of a dedicated member?

Well i guess dedicated mem is hard to define. But atleast someone who has contributed. Maybe like the market place, 90 posts or some requirement like that. Just enough to get rid of the peeps who just join for free stuff.

Well i guess dedicated mem is hard to define. But atleast someone who has contributed. Maybe like the market place, 90 posts or some requirement like that. Just enough to get rid of the peeps who just join for free stuff.

:withstupid:

That's all I'm saying, maybe not even that much.

30 posts would be good, that would definitely prove whether they care about the prizes or OCC itself