peshewah

Reboot loop

I have a Tosiba Laptop and it keeps rebooting. It shows the window emblem and the it shows "configuring updates 3 of 3 99%." Then it will reboot and start all over again. I tryed to boot in safe mode but got same results. I'm running Vista. Could it be bad Memory stick? I only have one stick and don't want to buy more and find out it's not the memory. I'm need help from the Pro's. Thank you in advance.

Edited by peshewah

I have a Tosiba Laptop and it keeps rebooting. It shows the window emblem and the it shows "configuring updates 3 of 3 99%." Then it will reboot and start all over again. I tryed to boot in safe mode but got same results. I'm running Vista. Could it be bad Memory stick? I only have one stick and don't want to buy more and find out it's not the memory. I'm need help from the Pro's. Thank you in advance.

A friend of mine recently just gave me a HP laptop, that would do this same thing. I didn't care about what was on it, so i just reinstalled windows, and everything worked fine. Do you need to save anything on the hard drive?

A friend of mine recently just gave me a HP laptop, that would do this same thing. I didn't care about what was on it, so i just reinstalled windows, and everything worked fine. Do you need to save anything on the hard drive?

The laptop belongs to my wife. She has pictures of her Dad who has passed away and she has prevailing wage forms she needs to keep. I have always told her to burn all that stuff to a disk but she dosen't listen.

Do you think its a virus?

Get a hard drive to usb kit and copy all the files off of it before you start.

If you have the windows disc make the laptop boot from it and proceed to do like a new install and

see if it finds the present one and asks you if you like to repair it.

If you have the windows disc make the laptop boot from it and proceed to do like a new install and

First of all I want to thank you guys for taking the time to reply. I cracked open the memory bay and found it had 2 sticks of memory. I removed one and tryed it again and got the same results. I don't have a Vista disk and quit frankly I don't care for laptops. Never had one last over 2.5 years. Now I have a reason to build.

I will try to "dig up" a Vista disk and again Thank you all for your time and knowledge.

This was my next suggestion! You need something like this, cheap but VERY useful! If you can't find a windows disk, look at the windows sticker on the bottom of the laptop, you should be able to find that version of Windows online somewhere! The serial is on the sticker, so it is all legit! Or you will have contact Toshiba and have them send out a replacement disk, but I'm sure that won't be free!