I have 6 GB of RAM installed my computer seems to pick up that there is 4 GB when i look at dxdiag etc. I was informed that I should try to update the BIOS in order to resolve this issue. Is this likely to resolve my problem and how hard is it to do.

Also 1 other question not sure if this is related but if I am on for a fairly long time playing games after a while both of my sceens will flicker between going black and my actually screen this happens about 4 times then both the screens go and stay black and 1 of them keeps switching between analog and digital is this a graphics card problem ? I seemed to have a problem with my 2 x 8800 GTXs last week when I had to restart and when it came back on somehow my drivers for the graphics card were gone and I had to reinstall them.

Any help on this would be awesome :)

I have 6 GB of RAM installed my computer seems to pick up that there is 4 GB when i look at dxdiag etc. I was informed that I should try to update the BIOS in order to resolve this issue. Is this likely to resolve my problem and how hard is it to do.

Also 1 other question not sure if this is related but if I am on for a fairly long time playing games after a while both of my sceens will flicker between going black and my actually screen this happens about 4 times then both the screens go and stay black and 1 of them keeps switching between analog and digital is this a graphics card problem ? I seemed to have a problem with my 2 x 8800 GTXs last week when I had to restart and when it came back on somehow my drivers for the graphics card were gone and I had to reinstall them.

Any help on this would be awesome :)

Cant really comment on the screen flicker issue. My best guess would be its some form of issue with SLI. Ive never actually used SLI and its been years since i owned an nVidia card and this 570 i just got last week is the first in a long time. Happy with it though!

The BIO's update however... Its VERY easy with Asus MoBo's, because you can do it from within windows. Since i actually have the exact same board as you i can even more so say how easy it is.

1) goto support.asus.com. Download the BIO's update utility and the lastest BIO's(502 i think it is).

2) Install and launch the BIO's updater(takes a few seconds to actually open, atleast it always has for me)

3) Tell it to update the bios from a file already on your computer. Point it over to the bio file you downloaded(might have to extract it first, cant remember exactly, in its final form it will be a .rom)

4) after its selected you should pretty much just have to next your way through the rest and done!

5) reboot computer and profit!

If the BIO's update doesnt fix your issue could just be your QPI voltage is alittle low. Lemme know if the update doesnt help. Should be able to get you back upto 6GB in no time!

I got the same issue, but for me its a dead RAM channel :( The first red DIMM in my Rampage III Extreme isn't working so I have to run in dual channel until I get my board replaced, try seeing if it's the stick or the mobo :)