G73JH 2nd harddrive not detected

Liclac

Hey guys, please, I really need your help.

I own an Asus G73JHA1, and it has 2 HDD Seagate 500GB by default, total 1TB. I don't know what is going on. My second harddrive (the one for my data files) are not detected... I need your help. I have many important data files there, and I don't have any backup yet, because I don't expect anything like this from a new laptop...besides, I don't have any backup media yet. I take care of my laptop very well, I am sure there are no damage at all with my hardwares.... I have checked from Piriform Speccy, Computer management, and my second harddrive really gone...I don't know what to do to resolve it. I have restarted my laptop, and still the same..

I have attached a screenshot. There should be one more HDD there....but I found nothing..

Please... is there anything I can do to resolve this problem without losing all of my data files?? The data there are really important, I can't imagine if I got a HDD failure....

Edit:

I run a command prompt action, and I type my data files letter drive, E:/ and it is said that "the device is not ready"

Laptop usage: normal user, for drawing, browsing, rendering, and gaming...

Regards

Liclac

post-72268-12977050035391_thumb.jpg

Edited by Liclac

Hi mate.

When did you first notice this problem? Did something happen to the laptop before the problem or did it just randomly boot with no data drive?

Is this an internal harddrive on your laptop?

Generally speaking, unless a drive is badly physically damaged, you can still recover data off of it so I wouldn't be too worried about losing your data.

Hi mate.

When did you first notice this problem? Did something happen to the laptop before the problem or did it just randomly boot with no data drive?

Is this an internal harddrive on your laptop?

Generally speaking, unless a drive is badly physically damaged, you can still recover data off of it so I wouldn't be too worried about losing your data.

hi, thanks for the reply. There is no problem at all since I bought this laptop. It just happened suddenly..I don't know what is going on. It happened yesterday night, just too sudden....

Thanks God, This morning, I checked again my laptop. glad the harddrive can be detected again by windows... but I just worried what happened here, I am afraid the same problem will occur again..

Yes, it is the internal harddrive, and this laptop has 2 harddrive by default... one for OS and programs, one for data files...

Is there any clue what happened to my HDD and is there anything that can cause my HDD like this? and how to prevent it? thank you very much..

regards

edit: I did nothing to my laptop, I just leave it and go to bed... And I notice that yesterday night when my HDD wasn't detected, the BIOS take a long time to boot up.. Usually, the ASUS logo at the boot up ( BIOS) appears only 1 second then the windows logo appears... yesterday, it took more than 7 second until the windows logo appears

Edited by Liclac

I suggest you backup your important files as soon as possible in case this failure happens again.

Maybe you could go download HD Tune Pro (Free Version) and check the SMART of your hard drives, see if it shows any errors.

I suggest you backup your important files as soon as possible in case this failure happens again.

Maybe you could go download HD Tune Pro (Free Version) and check the SMART of your hard drives, see if it shows any errors.

Thanks... I am going to use that software!! :)