Nyt's WC Project Volturnus

Nyt

You could always air cool it, and make a custom side panel with a well laminated picture of your water cooled main rig, and tape that on the side of the one you're taking to I.T class. :biggrin:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second would by far be easier to work with. The first requires high speed fans.

Ok so for those that dont know , I was in hospital the last few days with a bad virus . I got released today and when I got home I saw a get-well present from my parents :

A new Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Edition case :biggrin:

I'll put up the pic in a day or two when Im fully recovered

So as a get-well present my parents said I could either have a PSP 3000 with games or have the cash equivalent and get the rad , gpu , cpu and pump with tubing .

Im a kid so I of course chose the PSP :P Looks like I'll have to wait a bit before new parts.

.....Rich snob.....(joking)

I thought you said they already got you the cm case?

A kid should not have soo much money its ridiculous. I have to get all my parts myself save the $900 starting cash i was given.

.....Rich snob.....(joking)

I thought you said they already got you the cm case?

A kid should not have soo much money its ridiculous. I have to get all my parts myself save the $900 starting cash i was given.

Lol , they did get me the case and then got me the psp too :)

I'd suggest not using any colored coolant - use colored tubing instead. It's not worth the headaches for colored fluid of any type.

Distilled water + a silver coil is all you really need.

Also - be careful what radiator you choose. Some need VERY high static pressure fans (or very high speed fans) to flow well. Generic blue LED fans won't work with radiators designed for high speed fans.

:withstupid: This can't be said enough :biggrin:

But I will show the rig off in I.T class , people are always amazed at water inside a pc :)

I have done both the colored fluid and distilled water and silver. What I have seen is that you give up a couple degrees in performance with the colored fluid but not much else that I have seen. My wife's rig has been up for over a year without any performance degradation other than the increase in temperatures due my lack of maintenance (ie blowing the dust out of the radiator). My Wifes rig has been running a blood red Fluid Xp for a year now running through Primochill blood red tubing. This kit here is what she has along with a full cover block for her GTX 260 all housed in a HAF 922. No leaks and temps that are really decent for her setup.

Untitled.png

I have done both the colored fluid and distilled water and silver. What I have seen is that you give up a couple degrees in performance with the colored fluid but not much else that I have seen. My wife's rig has been up for over a year without any performance degradation other than the increase in temperatures due my lack of maintenance (ie blowing the dust out of the radiator). My Wifes rig has been running a blood red Fluid Xp for a year now running through Primochill blood red tubing. This kit here is what she has along with a full cover block for her GTX 260 all housed in a HAF 922. No leaks and temps that are really decent for her setup.

The reason I am against colored fluid, is it makes flushing your loop and all the components, esp the rad, that much harder! That colored crap gets into everything. I used it on my very first loop, and it took me some time to get it all out of the inside of all the components when I re-did the loop. People told me at 1st to not use it, but I didn't listen! I just always have to learn the hard way ;) That was when I decided, never again, and distilled water from here on out! So my point really comes down to maintenence. If you plan on flushing your loop, like I do about every 6 months, then trust me....stay away from colored fluid of any kind. You will find out the hard way about cleaning it all out of the inside of your WC components :cheers:

Also Nyt, if you can't find the silver coil over in S Africa, you could always ask an OCC member to ship one to you. Would prob run about $30 US dollars with everything! But, think of it this way, you will spend how much on the antimicrobial dye? How much would that be in a year or 2 after a few flushes? One Silver Coil for $30 and all you would ever have to buy is cheap distilled water to maintain your loop :biggrin: With the other stuff you will have to keep buying it everytime you need more liquid! In the long run, IMHO I think the dye would not only cost you much more, but also create more headaches.

Edited by SpeedwayNative

My Wifes rig has been running a blood red Fluid Xp for a year now

That stuff is EXPENSIVE...especially compared to distilled water + a silver coil. That's what turned me off of it more than anything else.

It only took a $19 bottle to do it.

Compared to distilled it is expensive but its the look she wanted. Plus it just looks good sitting in the pump/res combo. I was expecting it to break down over the year but have been pleasantly surprised. The option is there and will give you look you want

Here is the first build out for her with a Q6600 in a Coolermaster Red Flame case (CM stacker 830 basically) but she has since moved up to a 920 based system in a HAF 922.

DSC00711.jpg