Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

Combat Facts!

Combat Facts! is a web series that releases every Saturday (it seems). It's based on comparing military FPS games to their real-life counter parts.

They only seem to be comparing current games: Bad Company 2 and CoD: Black Ops.

Mission 1: Sights & Scopes

Mission 2: Melee and Ballistic Knife

Lol that russian ballistic knife is a joke. It can't even go 5 feet in a straight line. :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure there's gas operated ones that work better, similarly to the one on black ops. :whistling:

Edited by l33t p1mp

Lol that russian ballistic knife is a joke. It can't even go 5 feet in a straight line. :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure there's gas operated ones that work better, similarly to the one on black ops. :whistling:

Do you have links or pics to back that up?

EDIT: it is a pretty interesting series. not to mention just being able to see the real life versions of the gadgets we use so frequently in games

i wonder if they're trying to just highlight the facts / fiction in current games or if they are selectively choosing topics to make one game series look better than the others. out of curiosity i decided to score the games.1 point is scored for everytime the "expert" refers to an element of the game as a "fact". No points are deducted for fictions

After episode 1:

BFBC2 +1 for ACOG. Total = 1

MOH +1 for Red-Dot / Holographic sight. Total = 1

COD +0. Total = 0

after episode 2

BFBC2 + 1 for knife animation. Total = 2

MOH + 0. Total = 1

COD + 0. Total = 0

Edited by bilcliff

EDIT: it is a pretty interesting series. not to mention just being able to see the real life versions of the gadgets we use so frequently in games

i wonder if they're trying to just highlight the facts / fiction in current games or if they are selectively choosing topics to make one game series look better than the others. out of curiosity i decided to score the games.1 point is scored for everytime the "expert" refers to an element of the game as a "fact". No points are deducted for fictions

After episode 1:

BFBC2 +1 for ACOG. Total = 1

MOH +1 for Red-Dot / Holographic sight. Total = 1

COD +0. Total = 0

after episode 2

BFBC2 + 1 for knife animation. Total = 2

MOH + 0. Total = 1

COD + 0. Total = 0

I doubt that. COD is extremely unrealistic compared to BC2..

I think he still made a good point about ballistic knifes

In games they may be fun to use because it's a challenge but in real life it just be easier just to shoot someone and there are very few situations were a ballistic knife would offer more advantages then a regular one.

I doubt that. COD is extremely unrealistic compared to BC2..

:withstupid:

Most call of duty and metal of honor games are made to be fun not realistic.

On the note of realism anybody who plays video games should know that there is a certain amount of fiction being mixed with realism in there games.

Edited by fire_storm

Actually I do, I read a whole Wikipedia article about them. I'll pull it out later.

I was actually considering doing an EO-Tech skin for CS:S

Too bad I didn't do it. (too lazy, LOL)