New build. First one in 10 years.

Ravkin

As far as running CS5 on the PC side is not an option. The only reason that I am putting MAC OS X on my PC is due to my gf not having the money to buy a Mac Pro at the moment. She needs the program for school/work. Her school only uses MAC and have told her its the most used system for that in the work place. I plan on running OS X on a separate HDD with its own ATI card. So at start up I will have the option to run windows or mac.

I plan to add Ubuntu to the windows HDD also.

As far as running CS5 on the PC side is not an option. The only reason that I am putting MAC OS X on my PC is due to my gf not having the money to buy a Mac Pro at the moment. She needs the program for school/work. Her school only uses MAC and have told her its the most used system for that in the work place. I plan on running OS X on a separate HDD with its own ATI card. So at start up I will have the option to run windows or mac.

I plan to add Ubuntu to the windows HDD also.

You buying a mac keyboard for her too? Otherwise how can she use her apple and option keys.

Does she need to use Final Cut or something that actually NEEDS to be mac? The psd files will work at school and on the windows machine. I took some classes and went between both with no incompatibilty issues. My laptop just rendered better than the ibm power pcs so I never used them LOL

It just sounds like alot of work you could save yourself from doing.

She is hell bent on using mac. She won't be able to get a laptop til next year sometime. So in the meantime, yes its a lot of work but its cheaper. The keyboard that I am getting will work on mac os x, just need the driver for it. Also read that the ATI 9670 can work with mac os x. It just will use what its programming allows. So if that the case then $90 for a hdd and $120 for os x vs $2200 for a mac pro. Plus when she gets her laptop I can get rid of the mac side and i have another 1tb hdd!