New computer build

Groedius

As you should!! I mean heck you're running a 550W with a 1366 i7 for crying out loud :teehee:

:lol: someone finally noticed :teehee:

Well at least I know from my own experience that the i7 930 with a 5850 can run on a 550w!

Not being able to test the hardware yourself makes PSU calculations so frustrating and confusing. I'm slowly beginning to lose all trust in PSU Wattage calculators...

On a side note I am still surprised that no one has noticed the fact that, while I do have "This is OVERCLOCKERS CLUB!" all over my sig, I am still running the i7 930 on stock clocks :P

Edited by Alexandre

:lol: someone finally noticed :teehee:

Well at least I know from my own experience that the i7 930 with a 5850 can run on a 550w!

Not being able to test the hardware yourself makes PSU calculations so frustrating and confusing. I'm slowly beginning to lose all trust in PSU Wattage calculators...

On a side note I am still surprised that no one has noticed the fact that, while I do have "This is OVERCLOCKERS CLUB!" all over my sig, I am still running the i7 930 on stock clocks :P

Yeah I was wondering about that! What the hay man, we should overclock our 900s together since this'll be far different than anything I've done before with all it's crazy internal memory controllers and shiz to worry about

Yeah I was wondering about that! What the hay man, we should overclock our 900s together since this'll be far different than anything I've done before with all it's crazy internal memory controllers and shiz to worry about

I have seriously considered OCing IVY but right now I really see no need since I don't really play any games any more and only use this computer to do university work. The system laughs at my university work :lol:

My goal is to have my computer last as long as it can and since OCing voids warranty and shortens the life span of hardware - I decided to stick to stock settings for now. Maybe when I get sick of the speed I might dabble in overclocking.

Sorry for going off topic OP :P