OCing i7 2600K on GB P67A-UD3R

aussieOC92

ok i copied ur bios settings :P. got everything set the same as yours except the ram settings as we have dif ram. i ran ibt and the test completed at 118.58 secs. it said it was stable but wen running the test the little animated 'flame' was really lagging, it didnt freeze but was very slow at moving. in ibt i set it to stress level : standard, threads : 8 and i got roughly time: 18.5 and Gflops: 49. i also did super PI and for 1m i got 8.330. could you run the same tests and tell me wat you get? also what are your temps? my hottest core got to 64. which was core 2. but my coolest core was core 0 at 55 degrees. so thats 9 degrees difference. and my room temp is 21. im really thankful for your very helpful replies. i understand how it works i just want to compare :)

Your GFlops seem a little on the low side. I get 54Gflops at 4.2 with my i5 750.

Weird but things affect this and Flops is a poor way to measure real world performance.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see ppl are changing from 100mhz to 103-107mhz. would this be a good idea? or leave it alone?

Here is my burn test:

IntelBurnTest.jpg

Don't bother overclocking the BCLK, just leave it at stock. You can play with it, but getting overclocks stable with high BCLK is harder because all other clock on the motherbord are linked to it - PCI-E, SATA, memory ect...

Edited by jackbrennan2008

are my temps high? from cores 0 to 3. 61-67-68-64. ambient room temp. 27C. clocks 4.6ghz @ 1.3V. got those temps running IBT. stress level: standard, threads: 8. i need to re seat my cooler dont you think?

I'd say your cooler is working perfectly fine as the temps seem about right. As long as you keep ut under 75c it's ok, but i'd say once you start hitting 70c territory it's getting about as far as you can go for a 24/7 overclock.

ok i cant get past 4.6ghz on my i7 2600k. but i will be returning this ud3r for a ud4 or ud5 when they get the FIXED p67 chipsets in. i think its my board holding me back. but anyways. ive got it at 46x 100.2 @ 1.330V. max temps on the hottest core gets to 66C. but my IBT results on average are low. time: 18s speed: 49. ive tried 1.365V for 4.7 but it wouldnt post. but im happy with my 4.6 for now. i guees ill wait till i can return my current board for a better one in march/april. also just while im here. i have 4x 2gb kingston KVR 1333mhz ddr3 sticks installed and am wondering if i can lower the timings on these sticks. and how would i go about doing it? also ive been told that 1T command rate is better. but i dunno anything about ram and timings etc.

ok i cant get past 4.6ghz on my i7 2600k. but i will be returning this ud3r for a ud4 or ud5 when they get the FIXED p67 chipsets in. i think its my board holding me back. but anyways. ive got it at 46x 100.2 @ 1.330V. max temps on the hottest core gets to 66C. but my IBT results on average are low. time: 18s speed: 49. ive tried 1.365V for 4.7 but it wouldnt post. but im happy with my 4.6 for now. i guees ill wait till i can return my current board for a better one in march/april. also just while im here. i have 4x 2gb kingston KVR 1333mhz ddr3 sticks installed and am wondering if i can lower the timings on these sticks. and how would i go about doing it? also ive been told that 1T command rate is better. but i dunno anything about ram and timings etc.

Here's a good guide to DDR RAM and here's a good guide to RAM timings. They won't tell you how to overclock your RAM but they do explain what you need to know about your memory before you overclock :)

Hope that helps!

ok is this weird. i have HT enabled and wen i do an IBT set to Standard stress level and 8 threads i get TIME. 18s and SPEED: 49. and my max temp is 68 on the hottest core. then i went into bios and disabled HT and ran another IBT. Standard stress level but with 4 threads. and i got TIME: 13s SPEED: 65. and my hottest core gets to 72 degrees.