Heart Attack!

SpeedCrazy

Well, i have been sick as a dog for the past couple days so i was lying in bed this afternoon trying to sleep, when suddenly *sniff* *SNIFF* *SNIFF* !!!!!!!!!!! "Smells like somethings burning!" Almost immediately i reach that conclusion........ *whine of fans suddenly increasing rpm* !!! I rolled out of bed and stumbled to my 'study' shut the comp down and unplugged in record time, went through to another room for the screwdriver and saw mom had burned the supper. *sigh of relief*

:whoa: My heart almost stopped for a minute there.

Anyone else have any similar experiences.

I had a UPS go bad on me once that let out a very loud series of beeps that sounded very much like a smoke detector. Wouldn't have been a big deal but it was 3am and we were sleeping when it happened and at that time you really don't have the brain ability to figure it out right away while half asleep. We were ready to run out the door when I figured out where it was coming from and that I have no smoke detector in this room. Needless to say we all had a seriously racing heart.

I've had two incidents like that... though sadly both times weren't mistakes. First time my monitor caught on fire somehow. The second time a resistor started smoking badly on my motherboard. Both lead to death of hardware :(.

How did your monitor catch on fire?

I was playing with a variable resistor one time when it burst into flames. Still worked fine afterwards.

Old monitor, heard a clicking/popping sound and next thing I knew, a little flame started burning inside. Thankfully I had long ago cut the sides off with plans of doing a window mod (which I never got around to). I blew it out and ran it outside. Mother asked me "Why are you smoking in the house!?" <_<