2011: Official Post your ride!

neddamttocs

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Full roll bar is on the way. Not doing a full cage though.

I figured if I'm shelling out a few hundred for a bar, I may as well get a full cage since it's safer and my car will already be disassembled. Gonna have to remove all the upholstery, carpet, etc. I don't want it to light on fire while welding lol.

I figured if I'm shelling out a few hundred for a bar, I may as well get a full cage since it's safer and my car will already be disassembled. Gonna have to remove all the upholstery, carpet, etc. I don't want it to light on fire while welding lol.

The price difference between a full cage and roll bar are astronomical. It also makes it bitch to get in and out of if it's your daily driver...

I don't see your rational for pitting in a full cage other than to spend money. :lol:

I respect that you want to have a fast car, and I respect you even more for wanting to race legally, on a track. However, this is your only car... your daily driver, it's fun to go fast and all... but man, you do realize you'll be driving on that hard butt chassis every day right? :teehee:

I respect that you want to have a fast car, and I respect you even more for wanting to race legally, on a track. However, this is your only car... your daily driver, it's fun to go fast and all... but man, you do realize you'll be driving on that hard butt chassis every day right? :teehee:

+1 just make it a race car if your gonna gut the interior.

The price difference between a full cage and roll bar are astronomical. It also makes it classy lady to get in and out of if it's your daily driver...

I don't see your rational for pitting in a full cage other than to spend money. :lol:

Either way, I need a full cage if I want to race, so full cage it is. The increase in safety on the street is just an added bonus.

I really don't give two craps about comfort. :lol: I'm driving around with the some of the stiffest springs possible, riding 2" off the ground, with a brand new short throw shifter (stiffer than a mother), AND insane exhaust drone at 2k rpm, which is highway speed in 5th and city speed in 3rd. Does it bother me after driving it for a few weeks? Nope, not at all. I've even driven it to the keys and back, and I still wasn't bothered. The only complaint I have about the car is that my neck gets sore after "spirited" driving for a few hours.

Either way, I need a full cage if I want to race, so full cage it is. The increase in safety on the street is just an added bonus.

I really don't give two craps about comfort. :lol: I'm driving around with the some of the stiffest springs possible, riding 2" off the ground, with a brand new short throw shifter (stiffer than a mother), AND insane exhaust drone at 2k rpm, which is highway speed in 5th and city speed in 3rd. Does it bother me after driving it for a few weeks? Nope, not at all. I've even driven it to the keys and back, and I still wasn't bothered. The only complaint I have about the car is that my neck gets sore after "spirited" driving for a few hours.

2"? Needs moaaarrr low.. and skid plate..

2"? Needs moaaarrr low.. and skid plate..

That's plenty low for me lol, I may even raise it up a bit. And yeah, sump guard is on the list. I'll have it welded on when I get the cage done.

That's plenty low for me lol, I may even raise it up a bit. And yeah, sump guard is on the list. I'll have it welded on when I get the cage done.

You make me almost as sick as nyt does with all this money throwing around. :sick:

Sounds like a sweet ride though..... do tell when its done so i can catch a plane down and jack it. :evilgrin: